Waiting {Elijah}

Loud screams pierced the air. Women ran around the room and brought everything the women on the bed. She had her knees up and was pushing as hard as she could. Eventually, a baby was born.

"It's a girl." screamed Katherine's mother. But as soon as the mother took the child, she was ripped away.

"No, please! Father no!" he whipped around and glared at his daughter.

"Forget it! You have disgraced this family!" With that, he left. As she tried to crawl off the bed, Katherine screamed, "Father, please! No, father, no" her mother held her back and pulled her crying daughter into her chest.

"Let her go.... Let her go Katerina." But the words fell on silenced ears. As he father left with her daughter, Katherine screamed out.

"No, please! No." And that was the last she saw of you.

__________

It was 1690 and you were now 200 years old. It took you a while to get used to being a vampire, but you were turned by some bottom feeder. But that didn't stop you. You were beautiful, even before you were turned. The vampirism only intensified it. And that's what got you where you were today.

Currently, you were supposed to be engaged to some Duke from some European country, but it was getting boring. There were so many rules that held you back and you were getting sick of it. Your 'fiancé' didn't even know that they existed and when you tried to tell him, he said, and I quote, 'this is why woman belong on the kitchen and not in the library'. It took all your strength not to kill him right there. But you dealt with the blows, because you knew that one day someone who was worth your time would stumble into your path.

And it happened when you least expected it.

It was a warm Saturday night when the royal family had decided to throw a ball for some family that had moved into town. You hadn't met them yet, but you were keen to because a rumour had spread that they were devilishly handsome. So you were dressed in your most beautiful gown as you walked in while the royal herald announced your arrival. You walked around for a while, greeting, until your fiancé called you to his side.

"Y/N, come meet the Mikaelsons," he called and you excused yourself from the conversation you were having. You walked towards them and gracefully bowed. You scanned all of them before they introduced themselves. They all placed kisses on your knuckles and you even ended up hugging Rebekah saying, "Another girl. Thank god. It's awfully boring around here," which she laughed at.

You chatted with them for a while and noted all their different attitudes. But someone that you paid extra attention to was Elijah. Whenever someone spoke, you would watch how he reacted and how he would respond and you couldn't help but fall deeper into the pit you had dug yourself into. Eventually, you announced your leave and informed them that you would be going to your room for a good night's sleep. But he knew better. After chatting to a few more people, he too went up to his room, but you quickly distracted him.

When he entered, you were already their waiting on his bed for him. He rushed over to you and looked at you in amazement.

"You're not what they think you are, are you?" you shook your head, even though you knew he already knew what you were. Standing up against him, you cupped his cheek and lightly brushed your lips over his. You chuckled slightly and rushed him around and straddled him.

"I'm not. But you knew that, didn't you? You're just like me." You leaned down and softly ran your lips down his cheek before putting them by his ear.

"And you have no idea how long I've been waiting to meet you."

__________

I am a good catholic girl, promise.

Anyway, I won't be updating tomorrow, because *gasp* I'm gonna socialize. But really, don't call the police if you don't hear from me. I haven't made contact with people that aren't my parents for two days now. I'm gonna walk around the mall and give out free hugs, lol.

But no seriously, you can still post requests but I'll only start on Saturday again.

Love you all

-Zoe

Republished:20 May 2017