Chapter 8*

The next morning I held on to Charles. His husk lingered the air. I clung to it. I felt him lick my neck sloppily. I wiped it off.

   "Ewww."

His laugh boomed throughout the room.

   "That's not funny!"

He smirked.

I grabbed the nearest pillow and threw it at him. He looked at me surprised  before tackling me. I struggled but somehow ended up pinned to the bed again. He looked me in the eye before bringing his mouth to mine. Our tongues battled each other. His body relaxed on top of mine. We spread passion between each other. Mmm. We stopped and stared intently into each other's eyes. We sat up and didn't let our souls leave each other. Charles lifted his hand to go over my face with his fingers. I examined his as well. I noted his jawline. My eyes danced over his arched brows. I kissed him gently.

   "I'm going to go make us some tea," I muttered. He nodded.

I got out of bed almost forgetting I was nude. I took an oversized t-shirt from a nearby drawer. I strode down the hallway to the kitchen. The cool tiles felt nice on my bare feet. I grabbed a kettle from nearby and placed it on the stove. I spotted a remote and decided to turn on the TV over by the cabinet. I flicked it on to the news.

   "I'm here at Harvard Bay, where it has seemed to be a homocide." I scoffed.

   "There seems to have been a 'Smiley Face', drawn on the torso of the victim." I felt my throat tighten.

   "We have Jackson's finest, including Metro's Finest, Charles Gunthry on the case." Tears threatened to spill over my eyes. No no no no no.

   "Cassandra?"

I jumped.

   "Are you going to take the kettle off the stove?"

I nodded. I must have blacked out again. I carefully lifted the kettle off the stove.  I placed it on the counter almost burning my hand.

   "Shit!"

Charles ran over to me and held me.

   "Cassandra are you okay?" concern overwhelmed his soulful eyes. Anger flooded my heart.

 "No! No I'm not okay. How could you not tell me you're basically a police royalty."

   "I-I didn't want to scare you off," he placed his arm on my shoulder. "Look I was going to tell you-"

I shook it off.

   "I shouldn't have trusted you!" I stormed off to the door before being interrupted by Charles sternly grabbing my arm. I paused. My heart pounded.

   "Come here.." he commanded. I drew myself to him. He cupped his hands on my face.  Charles traced his fingers along my cheek before taking me in. I invited him letting his tongue explore my mouth. I kept him there as if he was my only source of oxygen. His body crushed mine. What was I saying again. I'd lost all train of thought as I focused on him and the gentle waves of warmth that protruded from his tall frame. He let me go and focused his eyes on mine.

   "I love you," he mumbled. Taken aback I stared into his eyes. But with complete sureness I replied.

    "I love you too."
              ***************
When I got home Josh wasn't home so I didn't have to sneak in. I took a long hot shower. My muscles relaxed under the heat of my own personal waterfall. The soreness of my body released itself with the influence of heat's whisper. I let out a sigh of relief, images of Charles flooding my brain and suddenly leaving. I called in for today.