Epilogue

I sat in my holding cell with a broken heart. They were going to send me to a psychiatric hospital. It hurt like hell just sitting here. I remember everything from that night. The events kept churning and replaying in my brain. I couldn't hate him but the betrayal so stung much it hurt physically.The news was blaring with my picture. Headlines, books, and movies all based on me were projected onto to screen. A Local protest was plastered on the screen about me getting the death sentence. Still it hurt. He visited everyday and would tell me about progress on the headlines. I would listen. Then I'd leave without a word and return to my cell where I would bask in my gloom. Sometimes I would crack a smile when I heard the crazy ways others would mimick my kills. One day Josh visited me. When I saw him it was suddenly hard to swallow.
"Cassandra. When. How..."
I could only state. Tears clouded my eyes.
"Who.."
I looked at wide eyed,"I'm still your little sister."
His eyes went dark. "No. You never were."
I watched him leave. I couldn't speak after that. I only felt this emptiness similar to when Dad died.
"I'm Sorry." I wanted to mutter. But I couldn't even let out a breath. So instead I returned back to my cell and basked a personal in my gloom. They gave me paper to write in. It helped but I couldn't write down my true for fear they would collect it one day. Instead I kept each memo scattered and full of random thoughts of sorrow. My therapist didn't do much to help except let me write which soon turned into my favorite pass time. I made a friend named Quettsia but we only spoke in gestures in uttered phrases of gratitude. Another highlight of my day. She was here for arson. She has a knack for starting fires with people inside. That's when she suggested something I never thought of really since I arrived.
"Lets get out of here."