Chapter 16*

Cassandra POV

I knew what Ezra was going to do. My body tingled. I didn't know when or how, I was just glad she would pay. For the next few days they passed by faster than usual. I needed to get out of the apartment. I needed to see her die. I needed my revenge. I hurried and quickly dressed. I brushed my teeth and put my hair in a messy bun. When I touched the doorknob to leave but something didn't feel right. I opened the door slowly. All my back hairs stood at attention. S-She was in my house. N-No. She dropped the sheet that was covering her bare body.

"Hello stranger." She smirked. My mouth went dry. She came closer to me so that our lips were almost touching. "I hope you liked the present I left you." She gently breathed in my scent. I couldn't do anything I was frozen. She then turned around and took an apple from the frig.

"Josh!" I yelled finally. He came storming out his room in only boxers. He glanced wide eyed at Jessica.

"I can explain," He started. Everything became clear to me. Of course he didn't know about what she is. Now he could be in danger too. She was like a cancer. I just wanted her gone. I tried my best not to cry, though tears threatened to spill over my eyes. Ezra. I wanted to tell Josh everything. I wanted to warn him, but instead I walked over to the door and headed out. When I was outside I let everything slip. I banged my hands on the brick wall. A blinding anger swept over me. How could she?! I kicked the wall numerous times before huffing and heading to my car. When I opened the door I felt a hand on my waste. Shock waves traveled through my body. My eyes were wide. I tried to think of all the ways to avoid this situation. Paying attention to random strangers who touched you was a start.

"I was afraid Jessica may have followed you here."

It was Ezra. Urges tingled throughout my my body. I wanted him so badly. It hurt so much to resist him but I stayed facing the car. He pulled my back to his chest. His head was next to my ear now.
"I'm so glad you're okay." He whispered into my ear. I let out a soft breath. "I'm glad you're here. With me." His breath tickled my ear. My body almost shivered. I turned around to stare into his eyes. The caramel in them seemed to wrap around me. I placed my hand on his chest to feel his heart beat.

"Me too." I confessed. He reached up to stroke my face. His rough hand caressed my soft skin. I pressed my face onto his hand feeling the warmth he gave off. Suddenly a fear rose. I took his hand from my face and placed it back at his side. Disappointment filled his eyes.

"But. I can't lose you too." I stated. My heart cracked. I could physically feel it breaking. I could tell his did too. I turned around and got in my car. I started the engine with hesitation. I couldn't bare the sight of Ezra's face so I didn't look out the window. Instead I backed out and headed for work. A coldness that filled me made my body shiver. On my way to work it followed me. Suddenly I heard the radio speak.

"The suspect for the alleged smiley face killings has been brought into custody."
I turned up the stereo. My curiosity got the better of me.

"After an 9 year old eye witness identified a male by the name Jared Williams, police have taken him into questioning where they will determine if he has done any of the murders.

I felt both joy and disappointment. Mainly disappointment because I would have to kill differently. Though the lingering thought of how the girl I saw was willing to frame an innocent man was beyond me and my curiosity. I just hoped my luck would be with me until I made at least one last kill.