Chapter 15*

Ezra POV
I held my lovely Cassandra for not nearly long enough. Each time her body shuttered with pain I winced, only wanting her to just be okay. Her tears stained my shirt but I didn't mind. As long as she was in my arms I would protect her from anything. My sweet Cassandra how dear you are to me. She held on to me, that was enough. Ever since the first day I knew.

"I loved him." She spoke softly. I stiffened and tried to hide how shattered I was. I knew she could never love me. Not like him. She spoke softly again.

"But with you I feel..safe again," she snuggled closer and found her way to my eyes."Like I belong in your arms." 

My heart skipped a beat, something like hope began to wriggle its way into my heart. But doubt rang in my ears as I thought about Charles. I had to know.

"What happened to him.." I blurted out. I immediately regretted asking. Her eyes filled with sadness before she whispered.

"Jessica." Her voice was sharper than a thousand knives. I was confused for a few seconds until I realised.

"From the support group?"

"She knew I loved him and murdered him." She stated coldly. That blonde bitch. She crossed the line and hurt the one I loved. I stared deeply into her eyes. I promised to her that everything will be okay. She looked back at me, her green eyes begging before she turned away in frustration. 

"You should go." She whispered. It stung to hear her say that but I would do anything for her so I got up and headed for the door. I wanted to turn back and tell her everything was going to be okay, but I couldn't find the words. My new mission was revenge for her. I could see it when she spoke her name. I would be the one to make her happy again. Plus it would be nice to see the bitch squirm for hurting my love. I wanted her to pay just as much as Cassandra did. The thirst of blood has risen. Oh baby. The hunt was on.