chapter five

ELLIE

My heart was still beating fast as Jake and I made our way down the stairs to the front door. I can't believe I let that slip. And I don't even know if I do love him, it just came out, like a reflex. I groaned mentally and grabbed Jake's hand as we got closer to the door. He froze at first, but I soon felt his thumb dragging across my knuckles, soothing me. I opened the door, holding my breath, fearing their reaction.  

"Mom." I sighed. "Where's dad?" She snorted and rolled her eyes.  

"Don't get to excited, slut. I brought the rest of your crap." I saw Jake's shocked expression out of the corner of my eye. My whole body tensed up, afraid he was going to say something.  

"I, um, okay.." I trailed off. "Where is it?" She hooked her thumb towards the car, and I saw the backseat flooded with boxes of my things. I turned to Jake. 

"Will you help?" He nodded, still quiet. "I'm sorry." I whispered once we were outside, and away from my mom. His eyes flashed.  

"For what? For saying you loved me? For getting pregnant? For not taking care of yourself? For making your parents hate you? For leaving home? For abandoning your sister? For weighing down your best friend and everybody around you with your problems? For what Ellie? Because you sure as hell have a lot to apologize for." I gasped.  

"I have something to apologize for? ME!? You ruined my life. You made one mistake. You knew. You could tell I was a virgin. It was obvious. You fucking knew, but you're the one that decided against the condom. You're the one that accused me of whoring around. You think that I wouldn't be at home right now if my parents would let me be there? I'd be happy. I'd be with my sister, who's oh so perfect. I wouldn't be a fucking mess like I am now, because I don't want this. I never wanted this. I don't want to be the teenage whore of the family that has a bunch of baby daddies and 20 kids, I don't want to be that; that's not me. I want to go back home, live with my family and have amazing grades. I don't want to have to worry about what foods I eat.

I don't want to have to worry about doctors appointments and all the other shit. I don't want to have to worry about my water breaking at 9 months, and I don't want to raise a kid. Look at how screwed up I am! And now I'm having to raise a baby. You think I wanted this? I wish I had never met you!!" He was silent through my whole rant, and I couldn't believe that all came out. It was quiet and the silence echoed around us.  

"I'm going to go.." He whispered and walked away.

JAKE 

She was right, Jesus. She was so right. Neither of us wanted this. I hardly knew her, and now we were going to have a baby. I couldn't just pick up and leave whenever I wanted too, I couldn't go out and party like a regular teenage guy could. I was going to have a baby. And I didn't know shit about having one.

I was an only kid, I didn't have any younger cousins or anything. I was the youngest in my family, and I was used to everybody taking care of me. Now I was going to have to take care of a tiny human being. And I couldn't.

Ellie's not even my girlfriend for fate's sake! I don't even know her full name! I couldn't stay, I couldn't do this. It was too much. She can't love me. I'm an asshole. I'm not the guy she wants, I never could be. I wish I could go back. I wish I had never met her, just like she wants.

I pulled into my driveway, pressing my palms into my my eyes, trying to stop the flow of tears that was sure to come. I always cried when I was under stress. Once, in first grade they were trying to get me to read one of those really simple books, and I couldn't do it so I started crying so hard they had to call my mom to come get me. I got out of the car, jogging up to my doorstep, trying to go unnoticed. No such luck though. My mom came out of the kitchen, immediately noticing my blood shot eyes.  

"Honey, what's wrong?"  

"nothing." I continued up to my room, locking the door.

It was a while before my mom came up to tell me dinner was ready. When I told her I wasn't hungry, she sighed, before walking off. I waited until I couldn't hear the quiet taps of her footsteps to smuggle my screams with my pillow.

ELLIE

I finally got all the boxes out of the car, under my mother's snobby gaze. I did it without her help and without Jake's either. The memory of him leaving makes tears sting my eyes. I turn to my mother.  

"You can leave now. I got all the boxes out." She smirks and opens the trunk. My eyes almost pop out of their socket when I see there is more boxes. Only a couple, but my arms are starting to ache and my back hurts. I move silently to the trunk and start on those boxes.

Once I'm done..again, I carefully look in the car to check for anymore. I motion for my mom to get in the car, and she does so without looking back at me. I watch her car pull out of the driveway, and screech down the road. I sighed and pulled out my phone.

From: Ellie 

To: Jazzz(:

can u help w/boxes?

From: Jazzz(: 

To: Ellie

Where's Jake?

From: Ellie 

To: Jazzz(: 

Left.

My heart hurt when I realized he was probably gone for good. He didn't want, nor need a baby. He'd go on with his life, not caring about either of us. He'd avoid me like the plague and I'd be left alone, balancing school and a career and a baby. The thought of all that is overwhelming and I remember my other options.

Adoption 

Abortion

My phone buzzes pulling me out of my thoughts.

From: Jazzz(: 

To: Ellie

I'm on my way home, I called Jesse out to help.

As I read that I felt somebody cover my eyes and I laughed. 

"Guess who?" He asked. 

"HM..Andrew?" I could practically hear him roll his eyes.  

"Nope." 

"Josh." 

"No." 

"Mark." 

"Wrong again." 

"Dad?"  

"You suck at this."  

"JESSE!" I shouted. He laughed and uncovered my eyes.  

"She texted you before I came out, didn't she?" 

"Yep!" We both laughed and Jesse picked up some boxes, carrying them inside and to the room I'm staying in.  

I couldn't call it my room, because it didn't feel like it. Maybe when I get my stuff unpacked and everything is here, I'll be able too, but no sooner than that. I sighed and lifted a box off the ground, groaning under the weight.

~~~~~~a/n: just a filler chapter. Thanks for reading :) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~