Chapter Sixteen

ELLIE

I look around the apartment, feeling proud. The painters finally finished and the paint smell was fading thanks to the fans we borrowed from everybody we knew.

I relaxed down on our newly delivered couch and sighed, putting my hand on my still growing belly.  

"Hey Lili." Jake walks in and kneels in between my legs, putting his face down on my tummy.  

"Are we going to take maternity pictures?" My eyes pop.  

"I don't know. If you want too..they can get pretty pricey." I tell him. Truth is, I really wanted them. I had looked up really cheap photographers but they still were to expensive. 

"My best friend is a photographer. They won't be professional, but they'll look like it." He smiles up at me, his eyes shinning with hope. 

"How much will he charge?"  

"Nothing. They're free." A huge smile lifts my cheeks up.  

"Looks like we're getting maternity pictures!" I shout, overly excited. Lili kicks, telling me to calm down. 

"You woke her up!" Jake pouts. I laugh at his expression and slowly rub my belly, calming down the squirming baby.  

"Three more months." I whisper.

JAKE

I watch as Ellie slowly falls asleep on the couch. She looks peaceful and I can't bring myself to wake her up and make her move to the bed. My phone vibrates in my back pocket and I quickly answer, still watching El.  

"Hello?" I answer, walking out of the room.  

"Hey. It's Julie." My best friend answers. "What'd she think about the pictures?" A smile makes it's way to my face. 

"She loved the idea! She's so excited!" Julie laughs on the other end. She continues on with her mindless chatter while I zone out, hearing a beautiful tune coming from the living room.  

"Hey Jules, I'll call you back." I hang up before she can reply, walking to the living room in a daze.

Ellie was sitting up, fully awake singing quietly.

"it's a little bit funny, 

this feeling inside, 

I'm not one of those who can, easily hide, 

I don't have much money,  

but boy if I did,  

I'd buy us a house where,  

we both could live.

so excuse me forgetting,  

but these things I do,  

you see I've forgotten if  

they're green or they're blue, 

anyway, the thing is, what I really mean,  

yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen.

and you can tell everybody, this is your song. 

it might be quite simple but, now that it's done,  

I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind,  

that I put down in words,  

how wonderful life is,  

now you're in my world.

If I was a sculpt er,  

but then again no,  

or a girl that makes potions,  

in a traveling show,  

I know it's not much but,  

it's the best I could do,  

my gift is my song and,  

this one's for you.

oh oh, woah, 

oh,oh, woah,  

oh,oh, woah,

and you can tell everybody,  

this is your song,  

it might be quiet simple,  

but now that it's done,  

I hope you don't mind,  

that I put down in words,  

how wonderful life is,  

now you're in my world."

I started clapping as she ended, her majestic voice stopped flowing through the air. She turned around with a light blush on her face.  

"Who's that one about?" I asked with a huge smile on my face. Her answering smile was breath taking. 

"You."