Chapter Fourteen

ELLIE

"I honestly like this apartment!" I tell Jake, a month later. He smiles down at me.  

"It's got two rooms..so there's room for Liliana." He looks down at the big baby bump. I nod my head eagerly. He sighs and turns to the realator.  

"We'll take it." She nods her head and pulls out all the papers we'll need to sign. I felt the need to shout 'woohoo' but felt it wasn't needed at the moment. Lili was happily kicking and I quickly grabbed Jake's hand and rested it on the growing girl. He smiled and signed before kissing my nose.

The realoter left after telling us we could move in within a week. I was very excited.

I mean, I loved Cheryl, but I felt like I was becoming a burden. And now I wouldn't have to take up another room of her house when the baby comes. I smile at the thought. Four more months.

Sometimes I get nervous and freak out, thinking maybe I made the wrong choice, but then Jake's there and I know I'm going to be okay, no matter what happens.

"WE HAVE OUR OWN PLACE!!" Jake shouts when the lady shuts the door. I giggle and watch as he bounces around.  

"Will you miss your mom?" I ask as we lock up and leave. 

"A bit, but I guess that's normal." He smiles down at me.

He peels out of the parking lot and drives back to Cheryl's house.

That's all it would be now.

My stomach sinks as I think about how alone she'll be.  

"Jake?" My lips are moving without my consent. "Maybe you should stay with your mom." He slams on the breaks, leaving me to slam against the too tight seat belt.  

"Why?" His voice has raised octaves.  

"Well, I'm just thinking about how lonely your mom is going to get once we leave, I mean, you're dad's not there anymore since the divorce was finalized, and we're leaving. What's she going to do?" I quickly explain. He nods his head deep in thought.  

"I'll think about it."

it's quiet the rest of the car ride, and I realize with a sinking heart I might have messed things up beyond repair this time.

JAKE

The silence stretches between us and I want to break it, but don't know what to say. She wanted me to live with my mother while she lived by herself, carrying my baby. 
I shuddered at the thought. 

We walked into the house, my hand brushing hers before she yanked it away. She waddles into her room and I'm left standing alone in the entry way. 
"I love you." I whisper quietly into the silence. The only answer I get is the shutting of a door. 

"Jake?" 
"Yeah Mom?" I turn around to find my mom sitting in the living room.  I walk over and plop down next to her, bouncing gently. 
"What was all that about?" She questions. 
"Ellie wants me to stay here, instead of live with her. She loved the apartment, but she thinks you'll get lonely here by yourself." She smiles gently at me, and carefully rests her palm on the side of my face. 
"I'll talk to her son. But remember, you can't expect everything to go your way all the time." She reminded me. I nodded and she got off the couch, her bones popping. I winced as she left the room.  

I stared at the blank wall, deep in thought while I waited for my mom to come back. I was surprised when I caught a whiff of Ellie's perfume and not my mothers. I looked up only to stare into her deep brown eyes. 
"Hey." I murmured. She carefully sat down next to me. 
"I don't want you to think I don't want you to live with me. I'm just worried about your mom." She said, sounding sincere. And I knew she was. I nodded. 
" I know, and I am too. She's my mother. It's like my job to worry over her. But I'll be damned if I let you go and live on your own with my child growing inside you. I trust you, yes, but what if something bad were to happen? My mother can take care of herself. She took care of all of us for what? two months now, and she did perfectly fine. I promise you El, she can manage on her own Baby."  She nodded looking down. 
"I know, that's why I want you to come live with me. I want to wake up each morning next to you, knowing that we'll have a baby soon." She smiles shyly up at me and I let my right eye drop down into a wink as I take her hand. 
"Let's pack. We've got a new house waiting for us." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sorry this is so short, I'm tired but I wanted to post a chapter before I went to bed.  This will be my last update for a bit, so let me know what you think!

vote

comment

fan

love, 

heytherezayn69