Chapter Seventeen

ELLIE

I wake up and look around the living room, to find Jake has gotten up. I can vaguely hear his voice and figure he must be talking on the phone.

Or talking to himself.

I went with the phone option.

Lili starts kicking in my stomach and I smile a bit and start singing. I don't really know what I'm going to sing but when the words start flowing out I figure it's the song I wrote the other day.

The one I started in the car.

"It's a little bit funny,  

This feeling inside, 

I'm not one of those who can, easily hide, 

I don't have much money, 

But boy if I did, 

I'd buy us a house where,  

We both could live.

So excuse me forgetting,  

But these things I do,  

You see I've forgotten,  

If they're green or they're blue,

Anyway, the thing is, what I really mean,  

Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen.

And you can tell everybody, this is your song. 

It might be quite simple but, now that it's done, 

I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind,  

That I put down in words,  

How wonderful life is,  

Now you're in my world.

If I was a sculpter,  

But then again no,  

Or a girl that makes potions,  

In a traveling show,

I know it's not much but,  

It's the best I could do,  

My gift is my song and,  

This one's for you.

Oh, oh, woah, 

Oh, oh, woah, 

Oh, oh, woah,

And you can tell everybody,  

This is your song,  

It might be quiet simple,  

But now that it's done,  

I hope you don't mind,  

That I put down in words,  

How wonderful life is,  

Now you're in my world."

It was quiet for a couple seconds before I heard quiet clapping from behind me. I whirl around to see Jake leaning against the door frame. He smiles at me. 

"Who's that one about?" I think he knew before I answered but I smiled back anyways. 

"You."

He strides over and kisses me gently, just a quick peck, but I still felt all his love.

"Julie said she'd take them!" He tells me with a smile. I look at him, feeling greatly confused. 

"Julie?" 

"My best friend?"  

"Your best friend is a girl?"  

"Yes." I cross my arms but nod.  

"She wants to know when we're available." I rub my forehead, thinking.

"How bout later tonight?" Jake nods and pulls out his phone texting her.

I pressed my lips together to keep from saying something that would anger him like ohh, I don't know, I don't like your best friend being a girl.

We watched TV until Julie came. When the doorbell rang, Jake jumped up, running to the door to answer it. I slowly trudged behind him.

I never thought I'd say this, but I actually miss running.  

Crazy.

When the door opened, Julie ran in, immediately bringing Jake into her arms.  

Not that he minded.  

I kept my mouth closed as I watched them, wanting to stab Julie over and over again.

She was much prettier than me, in my opinion.  

Her black hair reached just below her boobs, which were quite large in fact.  

Her clothing clung to her perfect curves and her blue eyes never left Jake's face as he talked. She laughed at everything he said and jealousy coursed through me.

Finally they looked to me, but only after I had a fake coughing fit.  

"Aren't you going to introduce us, Jake, Baby?" I threw in a fake smile and touched his arm.  

"Oh, uh, yeah." Jake's eyebrows came down in confusion. 

"Julie, this is Ellie." We shook hands. 

"Jake's told me so much about you!" I said, fakely enthuastic.  

"And you are..?" She trailed off, ending it in a question.  

"I'm his girlfriend." I gave her a tight smile and flipped her off when I scratched my forehead.

Whore.

"Well," Jake clapped, drawing our attention to him, "We were thinking we could do the photoshoot in the nursery since we haven't moved any furniture in it yet. It was just painted a couple days ago, too." I nod along with what he's saying.  

"That's an awesome idea, Jakey!" My jaw drops.  

Jakey.  

The bitch called my boyfriend 'Jakey.'  

Too far.

We finished the photoshoot, ooh and awwing at cute photos. I continued putting back on my shirt as Julie and Jake walked out.

I stared at myself in the mirror, trying to visualize what Lili would look like.  

This wasn't something unusual I did.  

She came out different every time, but each time she was perfect.

I turn the corner to the question to see Julie leaning on the wall. What I didn't expect was Jake to be hovering over her and kissing down her neck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ooh plot twist!

i hope you didn't see that coming .

ugh, i hope this is longer. It was pretty long on the word document. School starts tomorrow so I don't know how often I'll be able to update. Sorry. 

picture of Julie(Megan Fox) to the side. 

vote

comment

fan

love,

heytherezayn69