chapter eight

ELLIE 

The doctor briefly explained that lying on my back was the least effective birthing position. There was no gravity and it wasn't safe or comfy. So she told me to get up and move, it'd speed up the process and stop discomfort. I nodded along with what she said, trying to absorb everything that left her mouth.

It was a while before she had me lay down on the table, lifting up my shirt. I saw Jake gaze evenly at my baby bump, not even batting an eyelash. I squeaked when she squirted the cool gel on my belly, and Jake grabbed my hand. I looked up to meet his blue green eyes and smiled. 

'thank you' I mouthed. His smile grew wider and he kissed my forehead.

"In a month we should be able to tell the sex of the child." My smile got brighter and I felt myself squeezing Jake's hand tighter.

We were actually going to do this.

JAKE

Ellie kept looking at me and smiling, and I could tell in her eyes it was actual, pure, joy. This baby was going to be loved. It was going to have a dysfunctional family, but nobody would ever be able to doubt we loved it.

Hell, it was still in her and I loved it already. It was us. A perfect, beautiful, unique combination of us. And I couldn't stress enough how unbelievable it is.

I helped Ellie stand up after she had finished cleaning the gel off her belly.  

"Where's your car?" I asked.  

"I don't have one.." She trailed off with a guilty expression. 

"You walked here??!!" 

"Don't get mad! How else was I supposed to get here? It's just down the road Jake, calm down!" She had a point, but I didn't want her to hurt herself or the baby inside her. I pulled out my phone.  

"Who are you calling?" She questioned. 

"My mom." And with that, she bent over and threw up, all over the sidewalk.

ELLIE 

Jake yelling at me, obviously upset the baby because I was feeling more and more nauseous as he kept talking. I barely asked my question before vomit was spewing everywhere, and I kept gagging five minutes after I was done.

Jake did his best, trying to help. He held my hair back and ran inside to get me some water. When he came back out and handed it to me I gulped it down before swishing it around my mouth and spitting it out in the grass. He also handed me a piece of gum before calling his mom back.

"Hey Mom, yeah. We're done, and I guess, Ellie walked-" He was cut off and I could hear the voice on the other end . 

"Okay. Yeah, we're at the same place. Can you hurry? El's not feeling well." The use of a nickname surprised me and I wondered how much his mom knew about me. He hung up the phone and came to sit next to me.  

"She's on her way, she'll be here in like 10 minutes."

And sure enough, 9 minutes later, a black Mercedes pulled up. He both jumped in and Jake's mom introduced herself. 

"Hi, you must be Ellie. I'm Carol." I nodded and gave her a polite smile.  

"Hi, yes I'm Ellie. You have a wonderful son." I complimented, and didn't miss the blush that colored Jake's cheeks.

We took the long way home to talk more, and when I got out, Jake walked me to the door.  

"Do you want me to come back over later?" I shrugged, honestly hopping he would, but not wanting to sound clingy.  

"If you want too." He smiled at me.  

"I'll be back in an hour. Be ready to have a sleep over." I laughed at him and he kissed my forehead.  

"Tell your mom thanks!" He shot me a thumbs up before getting back into the car, both of them waving to me until I walked into the house.

I walked in to find Jaz.  

"well. I'm keeping the baby." I heard her squeal and she came running out of the living room.  

"YAY! HE MADE IT THERE IN TIME!" I laughed and rolled my eyes.  

"Yes, thanks for the heads up, I look like absolute crap." She nodded and I shoved her, walking up to my room.  

"Do you know if it's a girl or a boy?"  

"She said we should be able to tell by next month." I smiled a genuine smile, and my cheeks hurt. She smiled back just as big and closed my door behind her. I walked to my nightstand and unplugged my phone.

to: Ellie 

from: Jake 

11:25  

I love you

I smiled. I hadn't really got a chance to tell him again and I knew tonight might be my only chance for a while. I changed into my Jammie's, even though it was only 11 in the morning and grabbed blankets we could cuddle with from the front hallway. When I walked by Jaz's room to get movies I saw her door was closed, and heard her muffled voice from within.  

"Yeah..kept it.." I shrugged. Wasn't my business. I continued to grab a bunch of movies, a mixture of all the genres.

Pretty soon my bed was filled with stuff. Blankets, movies, junk food, remotes, anything we could need for this night.

The doorbell rang and I practically ran down the steps to answer the door. I threw it open to find Jake's smiling face. He help up a plastic bag and a duffel bag. He handed me the plastic bag. 

"I brought cookie dough!" I smiled at him and drug him back up the steps and basically threw him at the bed. I put in the first movie and started it up, going to snuggle up to him, eating my cookie dough.  

"I love you." I whispered. I felt him smile as he kissed the top of my head. 

"I love you too Kathrine."

My heart stopped. 

My name is Ellie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
double upload! Am I awesome or what?
so who was Jaz talking too?
Why did Jake call Ellie Kathrine?
Who is Kathrine? 

find out soon ;)

love, 
heytherezayn69