Chapter Nine - The Hospital

A/N My friend helped me write this. That's why some of the writing is different. Hope you enjoy. Thanks to brookeneh

Mason's PoV

When I woke up, I faintly heard people talking. My side was killing me, and I couldn't remember why. I opened my eyes a little wider to get a better view of what was happening. I was being pushed on a stretcher through a hallway. I must be in the hospital. There was a doctor to the right side of me. I tried to speak, but my speech came out slurred. The doctor noticed and looked down at me and back up to one of the other doctors.

"He may have a concussion from hitting the pavement," he said.

Pavement? I was slowly beginning to remember. I was walking across the street, then the sharp pain and everything went black. I was sure I knew what had happened. I must have been hit by a car. Great. Now I am in the hospital with a concussion, and who knows what other injuries. I heard the doctors' voices slur together, and get slower and quieter. Everything faded away as I drifted back to sleep.

Ricky's PoV

I checked my social media page sometime later. I wasn't expecting to see anything interesting on there. I was expecting, however, to see more comments about Ronnie's fight on stage. I reloaded the page to check for any new headlines.

"Oh my god," I exclaimed, picking up my keys and heading for the door.

*Time Skip*

I ran up to the woman behind the counter of the hospital.

"I'm looking for Mason Musso's room," I said. I could feel the tears in my eyes.

"Mason isn't accepting fangirls at the moment," she said coldly.

"I'm not a fangirl, I know Mason personally," I replied with no patience.

"Ugh, he is in room 217." I raced down the halls. The numbers next to the doors blurred by. I slowed down a little so I could read them more clearly. I must have been going too fast still because I turned the corner and walked in on a man wearing only pants.

"I am so sorry," I said, starting to back up.

"Don't worry about it," he said, lying back down in the bed. I knew that voice from somewhere. He turned to look at me.

"Oh my god," I said, realizing who it was.

"What?" he said; confused.

"Ronnie?" A small smile grew on his face as he realized who I was as well.

"Hey, you're that girl from the park, and the concert," he said, his smile suddenly fading away. "You shouldn't have stepped in, you could have been hurt."

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine. What about you?" I asked.

"I'm good. I was just about to leave actually; that's why I was getting dressed."

"I should let you go then," I said, not wanting to keep him here any longer

"Actually the doctor said I'm still not good to drive. Ya know, with the medication. And I don't have a ride yet...," he trailed off. He looked up at me. His eyes sparkled with hope.

"I can drive you back to...wherever it is."

"I guess you can take me back to my tour bus," he said.

"Okay. Let's go."

*Time Skip*

I was driving down an alleyway. The stars shown brightly above, giving me little use for my headlights. Everything was bleached silver by the moon. Ronnie was in the passenger seat, sleeping. I pulled onto an unfamiliar back road and drove for a ways. I came to a stop and took a deep breath. I leaned over and shook Ronnie awake. He jumped, then looked around. His eyes landing on me.