Chapter Twenty-Four

A/N Sorry for the late update. Hope this is good enough. Love you, guys.

Ricky's PoV

My mind was buzzing. I didn't know who to call first; Ronnie, or the cops. Trace's pleas for help fell short as his hands went limp at his sides. Blood now pooled at the floor around his body. My hand wraps around my phone, and I call 911. Willow's cries ring in my ears, and I realize how much I miss Evan's wails. I would never be woken up at 1 o'clock in the morning by two little kids again. Willow woudln't remember him, but I would.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"I need an ambulance. They're dead, and I need help," I blurt.

"Who, ma'am? I need an address, and a name," the person on the other end says calmly. I tell her my address and name, and collapse to the floor. I had to call Ronnie, but I didn't know how. I dial his number, and try to stop the tears.

"Hi, Ricky. You okay?" His voice is strong, and filled with happiness. He doesn't know anything is wrong. He doesn't know that he's never going to have a boy to raise.

"Ronnie." I take a shaky breath. "Trace broke in. And he..he...he...stabbed," I trail off, tears overwhelming me. I let out a loud sob, and fall to my knees.

"What happened? Ricky, I can't hear you. Are you and the kids okay?" Kids; plural. AZX

"Willow is."

"Evan?" he asks, his voice becoming weak.

"Trace killed...."

"I'm coming home. Ricky, I'll be there as soon as I can."

"I'm sorry, Ronnie. I love you, but I failed you. He's gone, and it's all my fault." "Do not speak like that. It's my fault. I love you." The phone call ends, and I hear sirens outside. Someone walks into the room. He goes to Trace, and checks his pulse.

"We got a live one," he calls. Several people dressed in white run in, a stretcher inbetween them. They get Trace onto it, and wheel him out of the room. Another person walks in, and grabs me. They take me out of the room, and sit me on the back of the ambulance. Ronnie was hours away, so I wouldn't be seeing him in my time of need. I can't image him with tears cascading down his face.

One of the ambulances takes off, taking Trace to the hospital. I hear crying, and I notice someone carrying Willow out. How could I have forgotten her in the room? I run over to the person, and stare down at Willow. Her face is covered with tears that have nothing to do with the death of her brother. She didn't know he was dead. I take her from the person, and cradle her in my arms. I hold onto her as if she might disapear if I loosen my grip.

*Time Skip*

Ronnie showed up in the tour bus, and pulled me into a hug. He didn't cry. He was far past that. When I saw him, new tears started down my face. This was it. I would have to retell the story one more time. I would have to face the disappointment from him before he finally broke it off with me. Willow would be taken away from me, and I would be alone forever.

"Are you okay?" he whispers into my hair. I let out a sob, not being able to form words. I wanted to bawl my eyes out, but my head already hurt. Willow was asleep in my arms, and Ronnie reached down, and took her.

"I'm sorry," I whimper. He takes a deep breath, and looks me in the eye.

"It's not your fault. If I wouldn't have left you alone, you'd be fine."

"I should have called you the first time he attacked. Evan would still be alive."

"The first?" he almost shouts. I cower slightly, thinking he might hit me.

"He broke in, and told me he would get the kids for Mason. I didn't think he would do this." I wipe at my eyes, trying to hide the new tears.

"You should have called me. I could have protected you and the kids," he pauses, trying to control his anger. "Ricky, you can't keep things like this from me. We have to talk about this, and I need to know the whole story." Ronnie and I sit down, and I start telling him the story.

"You stabbed Trace?" he has an unreadable expression on his face. Slowly, I nod. "I'm sorry, babe. You shouldn't have to do this."

"I needed to do it. He deserved to feel pain for what he did. He took away our baby, and he will never feel enough pain to match ours'." Ronnie hesitantly nods.

"Do you want to move?" he asks.

"Yes." I take Willow from him, and lay her down on the couch. "Do you hate me?" I ask quietly.

"No. I hate the world right now, but not you." I scoot closer to him, putting my head in his lap. He stroke my hair with his hands, and I feel myself falling asleep.

"I'm sorry, Ronnie."

"I love you," he says, planting a kiss on my temple. I fall asleep, feeling all the weight of the day take over.