Chapter Seventeen

Mason's PoV

I look around. Ricky's body vanished. One second she was on the ground, the next, she was gone.

"Ricky?" I call. She couldn't be leaving. I didn't want to be alone again. I couldn't do this. I yelled her name, and searched, but I found nothing. The feeling in my gut was gone. It was now replaced with a dull ache. I shouldn't have left her that one day. None of this would have happened.

Was that a memory? I hadn't remember anything but the darkness. When did I leave her? What had happened? Why was I here? Why had Ricky showed up?

"I love you, Mason," I hear a distorted voice say. I look around, knowing nothing was going to be there, but see nothing. My heart always seemed to speed up when I heard a voice. I could never place it. I just wanted explanations.

Ricky's PoV

Ronnie stayed with me a lot of the time. We still fought, but when we did, he left. I wasn't allowed anywhere. The doctors said they needed to monitor me for a while. They wanted to make sure the baby was fine. Why'd I get stuck with a baby? I wasn't fit to be a parent. I knew I couldn't ask Ronnie about aborting it. He would be broken; more so than now.

"Ricky," I hear Ronnie say. I look up at him. "The doctors says you can leave tomorrow."

"That's nice," I say, sounding like a parent who doesn't care. I look back down at my book, continuing to read.

"Are you going to need you to drive me?" Ronnie and I were acting like a recently married couple most of the time.

"Well, my car is wrecked, so probably." I hear him sigh. He has his face in his hands. He seemed to be taking everything harder than I was.

"I'll be back. I'm going for a walk." I nod. The tension left the air at once, and I could breath again. I knew Ronnie and I were getting further apart. We needed something to help us stop fighting.

*Time Skip*

I wake up. My neck aches, the room is dark, and I can tell Ronnie's not there. I had no way of knowing where he went when he left. I didn't have my phone anymore. That was being investigated by the police. I would have to pick up the stuff from my car later. Hopefully Ronnie would take me. I hear the door opens, and my usual nurse, Gareth, walks in.

"How are you feeling today?" he asks me. I shrug my shoulders.

"I'm ready to go home and leave this place for good." He grins a little.

"You'll have to come back in nine months for the baby. And for regular appointments." I could feel the guilt punching me. My mind would be set on getting rid of it, and someone would mention it. Why did this have to happen? He messes around with my IV and unhooks them.

"You can leave whenever, ma'am."

"Thanks, Gareth," I say. He nods, and leaves the room. I get up, and dress myself. They gave me the same clothes I wore the night of the crash. I could tell that it had been washed by the cheap detergent smell. I get up and walk into the hospital. I inhale the smell of lemon spray.

"Can I use the phone?" I ask the receptionist. She nods, and pushes the phone closer to me. I dial Ronnie's number, somehow being able to recall it.

"Hello?" he asks.

"Can you come pick me up at the hospital?"

"Sure, Ricky. I'll be there in a few." I set the phone down and sit in a chair. Ronnie walks through the door a few minutes later. He grabs my wrist and pulls me out of the place, after signing me out. He gets into a car.

"Where'd you get this?" I ask.

"It's a rental. Where do you want to go?"

"My place? I don't care." He nods, and has me give him directions. We stopped at my place. We had to get in through the back door, because the front was still locked. It was exactly how I left it. Nothing was missing, which was a good thing.

*Time Skip*

"Don't act like you know. You don't know shit about me," Ronnie yells at me.

"I'm not fighting with you." I give Ronnie a push, throwing him into the wall. I can see his expression harden, so I run for the door. Might as well go for a walk. I had to get away from Ronnie. The bar comes into view after walking for a few minutes. I check my watch. 6:00. I guess I could go for a drink. I push open the door and walk inside. Most of the place is crowded with people, all of them being loud.

"Hey, gorgeous," I hear a voice behind me. I turn around. Justin Hills and Nick Martian, members from Sleeping with Sirens, stand behind me. They have wide grins on their faces, and they strongly smell of alcohol.

"Yeah. Um...I think I'm going to leave," I say, backing my way out of the place.

"No. Stay with us babe. We can show you a good time." I feel like gagging as I throw open the door. I start running down the sidewalk. I could hear them behind me. As I run, I search my pockets for a weapon.

That's great. I have nothing in my pockets.  Then, like a clique movie character, my feet slip beneath me. I lose everything, as I slam face first into the cement. I can feel blood in my mouth. A hand touches me, and I'm picked up. My vision is blurry, and I can feel a headache. I feel like I'm back in Ronnie's arms, the day he hit me. Neither grip was comforting.

"You're all ours' pretty."

Well, shit. That's definitely not Ronnie.