Chapter Twenty-Two

A/N This chapter contains some serious themes, such as depression and suicide. Read with caution.

Mason's PoV

    Trace took me to the tour bus that day. Everything seemed normal.

    "Mason," Spencer yells, running towards me. I catch him in a hug.

    "Hey, Spence. What's up?" I ask, releasing him. Trace scowls at us, and goes into the bus.

    "Nothing. How are you feeling? It's been so long. I didn't think you'd," he trails off.

    "Survive," I finish for him. "I'm as surprised as you are. Trace said he needed to talk to me. We'll speak later, okay?" Spencer nods, and walks off. I go into the bus, and sit down next to Trace.

    "I want to talk about Ricky," Trace starts.

    "I just woke up. I would love to have kids, but I barely know her. You said she was with Ronnie? Maybe I could get custody, but let them be happy. If I had stayed, they would be mine. That's my fault, my problem. I don't need you to worry about her."

    "I'm just looking out for you, Mason. I don't want you to get involved with her."

    "Why do you know all of this?" Trace freezes.

    "Well, I visited Ricky earlier this week. Ronnie was gone, and we had a nice talk." I stand up.

    "Are you fucking serious? You think I'm going to get the kids if you go and threaten her? Trace, you aren't helping me," I take a deep breath, calming myself. "I just need you to stop."

    "Mason, I'm just trying to help. If you'll just let me explain," Trace starts, but I cut him off.

    "I don't want to hear it." I get up, and step into my room. I lock the door, and collapse onto my bed. My mind wanders.

Trace's PoV

I hear the bed creak as Mason lays down. I shouldn't have said anything about Ricky. I knew it would have upset Mason.

"Trace, do you know where Mason went?" Spencer asks, walking into the room.

"He went into-" *Bang*

"Mason?" I exclaim, jumping up. I try the doorknob, but it's locked. I start searching through the drawers and cupboards, looking for the key. My hand closes on it, and I run back to Mason's room. I open the door as quickly as I can, and run inside.

Mason lays on his bed. A gun lays in his limp hand. The wall and bed are splattered with his blood. I run over to him, and grab his wrist. There's no pulse.

"Spencer, call the police." I hear him run off. "You can't be dead, Mason. Come on," I whisper. I put my head against his chest. No heart beat. I try to stop the tears from falling down my face, but I can't.

"The police are coming," Spencer shouts. I walk out of the room, not being able to look at Mason any longer. Spencer closes the door to Mason's room.

"Spencer, I'm sorry. It's my fault. I shouldn't have said what I did. I-"

"It's not your fault. Mason was in a coma for ten months. He was confused. That's why he did it, right? He didn't want to. He just wasn't in his right mind." I turn to look at Spencer. I was supposed to be comforting him. He was younger.

"That's it. He didn't know what he was doing," I say. He walks over to me, and I pull him into my chest. I hear him muffle a sob. "Let it out." I pat him on the back, feeling my own emotions overwhelm me.

I never got to tell him how I felt.

A/N Sorry for the delay. Thanks for waiting. Love you