Chapter Twelve

Ricky's PoV

I walked back to my car, and started it up. The piece of paper clutched in my hand. How could he say that? He punched me, and then acts like it didn't happen. Well, it did happen. I should go see Mason. That'll get my mind off Ronnie. My songs start playing.

I shouldn't go see Mason. That's what Ronnie said. I wipe my eyes, feeling like I was crying. It was all my fault. I shouldn't have gone running that one day. None of this would have happened. I wouldn't have met any of them. Life would be shittier than now, but back to normal.

"She says she wants to end it all.
When she's all alone in her room, she cries.
The way she feels inside,
Is too much for her.

When all you got is these four walls,
It's not that hard to feel so small,
Or even exist at all.
How come no one heard her when she said...

Maybe I'm better off dead!" I scream the words at the top of my lungs. My feelings were so messed up at this moment. Sleeping with Sirens was the only band I could listen to right now. Nothing with Ronnie. Nothing with Mason. I wanted to be gone. Life was...pointless. The man of my dreams left me.

"You can't let someone who does so little for you, control so many of your emotions." I scream at the new voice. I look into the passenger seat. There sits Kellin Quinn. Was I drunk?

"Um...Kellin?" He nods, his adorable smile on his face.

"Ricky, I've got some things to tell you," he says. I nod, telling him to continue. "You need to wipe your eyes, keep your head up, and smile." I heard the song switch to "It's Over When It's Over." I wipe my eyes as best as I can.

"Thanks, Kellin."

You've got your life laid out in front of you, like a car crash.

"One more thing, Ricky. Keep your eyes on the road." Kellin disappears. My eyes snap to the road. Two headlights are a few yards away. The honks of the car fill my ears. I swerve, trying to avoid it.

Unconscious at the wheel.

My head hits the wheel as the cars slams into a tree. My seatbelt catches on my neck, pulling me back. I hear a loud popping noise.

'Cause you were driving too fast.

Black.

Ronnie's PoV

I stormed away from Ricky. I was sick of her arguing.

"Ronnie, what happened?" Max called.

"She bitched at me. I'm getting sick of it."

"Wait, you let her go? Dude, you punched her." I grunted.

"I'll go to jail. I just want her out of my life," I say.

Max and I talk for a while.

"You need to talk to her again. Calmly." I shake my head.

"I'm done with her. She's a bit-" My phone interrupts me. I grab it.

"Hi, Trace," I say.

"Hey, Ronnie," he pauses. "Are you still with Ricky?"

"Why?" I ask, ignoring his question.

"Well, they just wheeled her into the hospital. She looks....dead."

"You have a room number for her?" I take off running. I didn't have a car, and this was the best I could do. Trace tells me what he knows. Finally, I arrive at the hospital. I run to the emergency room. She can't be dead. I run through a set of doors.

"Sir, you need to leave," a nurse says to me.

"Get off of me. That's the woman I love in there." My heart skips as I realize what I said. "I love you, Ricky," I yell as they pull me out of the room.