Chapter Fifteen

Ricky's PoV

The light beats down on me. I've been in this place for so long, I'd lost track of the days. No one seemed to be here. I explored each day, and I felt that I was getting closer to something. I kept hearing voices. Sometimes, I would feel something brush my skin. Nothing was ever there when I looked, though.

I still wasn't sure how I had gotten here. I remembered seeing darkness, and then I woke up here. Ronnie wasn't with me, and I had no supplies. For some reason, I was never hungry. I saw animals run by, or fly overhead. I never saw my dog; just wild animals. I could feel that I was close. I wasn't sure what I was close to, but there was something I had to get to.

"Wish we could turn back time," I murmur. With nothing to do, I had resorted to singing to keep me occupied. "To the good old d-"

"Ricky?" I hear a familiar voice call out to me. I stop singing and look around.

"Hello?" I hear the crunch of grass behind me. I spin around. Nothing.

"Ricky?" I turn to face the voice. Still nothing.m

"Who's there?" I call, my voice shaking. The voices I'd heard before were never this strong.

"You can't see me?" The voice clicks in my mind. I see a face.

"M...Mason?" I hear a chuckle.

"What are you doing here, Ricky? I've been in here for weeks. You're the first person I've seen." Mason appears before me. I wrap my arms around him.

"I haven't seen anyone either. I'm so confused." He returns the embrace. "What's the last thing you remember? Yea know...before you showed up here."

"Well, I was in pain. Then all I could see was darkness. I was in a void of nothingness. And I woke up here." The look on my face must have told him that I felt the same. He nodded at me, a sad look on his face. "How long have you been here?"

"Not sure. At least a week or so," I pause. "Have you eaten any food?" He shakes his head.

"But I'm never hungry," he says.

"This place is the same for us. Did you feel a tugging that led you here?"

"Yeah. I've been traveling for a few days. And then I saw you."

"Why are we here?" I ask. He shrugs.

"I don't think we'll ever find out. Maybe it's all fake." I nod my head.

"Maybe we'll wake up soon."

"Hopefully." I feel all the color flush from my face. "Ricky, are you okay?" Mason asks. I nod my head, feel a pain surge through my head. My knees buckle beneath me as an invisible bat hits my skin. My face hits the ground, and blood slowly leaks down my face. I feel myself roll over. Mason's above me.

"I'm fine."

The darkness surrounds me, and all I feel is pain.