Chapter Twenty

*One Week Later*
Ricky's PoV

I hold Willow and Evan in my arms. Ronnie gives me a kiss, and wraps me in a hug.

"I love you," he says.

"I love you too. Have fun on tour." He releases me, giving me another kiss. Every time he left, it was like this. He climbs into the bus, and it takes off. I watch the bus until it's fully out of view, before going back inside. I lay down the twins, seeing as they were already asleep. I go into the living room, starting up Saints Row 2.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I stand up quickly, heading to the door. I open it. No one's there. I hear something slam behind me, and I whirl around. Nothing.

"I must be imagining things," I say under my breath. I run into my room, grabbing my pocket knife. Even if nothing was there, it would make me feel safer. My dog, Bowser starts barking. I hear him yelp, before he comes skidding down the hall. I reach down, grabbing him in my arms as the babies start crying.

"Wh-who's there?" I call, my voice failing me. I set Bowser on my bed, and walk out of my room quietly. I hold the knife in front of me, ready to defend. A figure lungs towards me. I feel my arm twist painfully behind my back, as I drop my knife. A hand is slapped over my mouth. I can still hear Willow and Evan crying.

"What do you want?" I ask, once he removes his hand.

"Those kids aren't Ronnie's. Mason woke up, and he knows that they are his. So, if you could just give them over, that would be great." I stared up at Trace through the dark.

"They aren't Mason's kids. I don't need Ronnie to know about this." He chuckles.

"You boned them both. I think Ronnie already knows about it. He isn't stupid," he pauses. "You know that, right? He figured out that you were lying from the beginning. But you had his kid. He was already known as the one who beat his girlfriend, he didn't need to be the one who abandoned his kids."

"Don't talk about it," I say, not having a comeback. He smiles.

"Even if Ronnie didn't beat the one, he still hit you." He runs his hand over my eye.

"How? How do you know?" I ask, choking on my words.

"You'd love to know, wouldn't you?" His hand touches my back skin, making me shiver. I try to push him away, but he has me pinned to the wall. He touches his tongue to my chin, licking up to my eye.

"Trace, please don't," I whimper. He laughs.

"I have no interest in you. I just want you to remember this. Because we will get those children. And Ronnie doesn't come back for," he stops, looking at his wrist. There was no watch there. "That's right. Two weeks." I growl at him, kneeing him. He surges forward, pinning me against the wall with his arm against my neck. "Don't think that I won't hurt you."

He drops me, and walks away. I slide down the wall, gasping for breath. I hear the front door slam, but I remain seated. Finally, I get the courage to stand. I go to Evan and Willow. They lay there, looking up at me with tear filled eyes. I needed to protect them, but I couldn't call Ronnie.