Chapter Twenty-Three

Trace's PoV

Two days after Mason's death, Spencer and I had to plan his funeral. It was tiring, and I felt that nothing was for him.

"Trace, let's finish this tomorrow. I'm going to bed," Spencer says, standing up. I nod at him.

"Yeah. I'm going for a walk." I walk out of the trailer, and head for my enemy's house.

*Time Skip*

I go in through a window, making sure to close it behind me. I hear noises coming from a room, so I walk towards it. Ricky sits in a corner, the tv on low, and a knife in her hand. Her dog lays next to her, along with a baby monitor. I start towards the baby's room, and when I get there, I quietly close the door behind me.

"I'm back," I whisper, loud enough so the monitor can hear me. I grab one of the babies, and turn to face the door. It flies open in front of me. Ricky stands there. Her eyes are red, and her knife is ready.

"Get away from my baby, Trace. You can hurt me if you want, but stay away from them." Her dog runs in, barking at me, and nipping at my ankles. I kick it, sending it across the room.

"Give me the knife, and I'll leave the baby."

"Put him down first. Then you get the knife." I shake my head, laughing.

"If Mason were still alive, I would have taken them both. But you just can't let anyone live a happy fucking life," I shout. She stares at me, obviously she hadn't heard the news before.

"Mason's...dead?" Her eyes focus on her shoes.

"Yeah. Once he got out of that coma that you caused, he got upset about the kids, and shot himself." She wipes her face, and the next time she looks up, I see tears sparkling in her eyes.

"Trace, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this." She opens her arms as if to give me a hug, and takes a step towards me. I step forwards too, and grab the knife from her hand. She tries to stop me, but it's already done. I sink the knife into the small body of the infant, cutting it's crying short. She lunges at me as I drop it to the floor. I stab at her, but can't get it buried.

"You motherfucker. That was my kid," she yells, straddling me and punching me repeatedly. I go to stab her, but she catches my arm, and twists it. She takes the knife from me, and plunges it into my stomach. She turns it, pulls it out, and stabs it back in. I try to push her off me, but all I can feel is pain. She stands up, and runs over to the corpse of her kid. Ricky cradles it in her arms as tears run down her face.

"What if this were Mason's kid? Do you think he would have wanted this? Would Mason want you to kill in his name?" Her voice sounds far away, but I can still hear it. My hands cover my stab, and they quickly become soaked with blood. Dots dance in my vision, and my head pounds. Everything starts to leave me. Then I black out.

A/N Sorry for such a short and delayed chapter. I hope that none of you hate me forever. Love you guys.