Chapter Fourteen

Ronnie's PoV

I stayed with Ricky for two weeks. I canceled the tour I was supposed to be on, and slept in the hospital. Everyday I asked if there was a sign of her recovery. It seemed like she would never wake up. Some times my friends would come in and visit, but I wouldn't talk to them. I only wanted to talk to Ricky.

"Doctor, is there anything?" I ask, seeing Doctor Elliot enter the room. 

"Well, her body must be functioning right, because the baby's fine. We'll keep her on a Life Support for as long as you want. Hopefully she'll pull through, but the chances haven't gone up." My heart pounds in my ears.

"B...baby?" I ask, weakly. She nods.

"There have been signs of a baby. Were you not aware that she was going to have a baby?" I shake my head.

"Will the baby survive?"

"We can't be sure about any of that right now. We'll know later, when it's developed more," she says. Doctor Elliot leaves the room, and a nurse comes in to change her IV. Once they leave, I grab Ricky's hand and sit next to her.

"Ricky, I need you to wake up. I can't be a Dad. That will ruin...everything. But I don't want to leave you. You mean the world to me. I just need you to wake up."

I feel a squeeze on my hand.

I look down at Ricky. Her face remains in the same expressionless way it's been. I stand up, prying my hand from her. I rush over to Mason's room. Trace sits inside.

"Trace, I need to talk about something." He looks up at me.

"What is it?" he asks.

"Has Mason ever done anything in his coma? Like moved, or something." He nods his head.

"It's normal for people. Did Ricky move?"

"She squeezed my hand. Do you think that could mean something?" He shrugs.

"Mason been doing it all week, and he hasn't come out of it yet. It could mean something, or it could mean nothing."

"She'll get out of it. I know it."

"I wish I could say the same for Mason. He hasn't gotten any better," Trace says.

"He'll come out of it." I stand up. "Thanks for talking." I leave the room, heading back to Ricky's room.

"I'll be there for that baby, Ricky. I won't leave you."