one

e m i l y

"Emily Roberts?" I heard the doctor yell.

My mom and I followed the doctor into a small room.

We sat down in the small chairs as he stood in front of us.

I looked down at my hands as he began to speak.

"the test results are in." he says and I look up at him beyond nervous.

"You do in fact have the cancer cell we had hoped you hadn't. This is something that very few people have to deal with, but unfortunately you are one of them. You're a strong girl, emily, and I know you can handle this. I know the time you have left will be amazing if you let it be." He said in a gentle voice.

"The time I have left?" I asked, very afraid of his words to come.

"We suspect no more then 2 years." He said quickly, as if he were ripping off a bandaid.

I looked over at my mom. her eyes were filled with tears but she smiled anyway.

"it'll be okay." she whispered and I looked away so she couldn't see my tears.

the doctor continued to explain the type of cancer I had to us but I didn't listen.

two years?

I'm supposed to live my entire life in two years?

as we were leaving, my mom and i didn't talk much. we were too busy thinking I guess.

when I got home I went to my room and sat on my bed. I lied down and closed my eyes for a few minutes until a thought came into my mind.

why the hell am I lying on my bed when I have 2 years left of my life?

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, but I knew it wasn't to sit by myself.

I walked downstairs and I sat down next to my mom. I looked at her puffy red eyes.

"I love you." I whispered and another tear fell from her eye.

////

sry this sucks