twenty seven

e m i l y

"mrs. roberts, could you pass the gravy?" shawn asked my mother.

my family had shawns family over for dinner tonight.

"of course. and shawn how many times do I have to tell you, call me tracy." my mom said picking up the gravy and handing it to shawn.

"thank you, tracy." shawn smiled taking the gravy and my mom laughed.

my mom was sitting next to shawn's mom, who were sitting across from my father, and shawns. then I was sitting next to shawn, and across from us were max and aaliyah. they've been getting along reeaaalllly well ever since the mall wink wink.

shawns hand stayed on my thigh the entire diner which gave me a sense of comfort.

"I love you."  I whispered to him and he smiled.

"I love you too." he smiled.

I heard a gag noice and looked over at the source.

max glared at us and I flipped him off, but put up my hand next to it as a shield so the adults wouldn't see.

max put his tongue out and I laughed.

after eating, we all went into the living room to watch a movie. except max and aaliyah. God knows where they are at this point lol. shawn and i cuddled up on a love seat while the adults sat on the couch.

half way through the movie I whispered to shawn. "wanna go outside? I'm kinda hot."

"yeah let's go. you're hot as hell." he winked at me and I laughed.

we stood up and went out my back door.

the sun had started to set at this point and I smiled when I looked at the pink sky.

I heard a voice that wasn't mine or shawns.

"I think that's max and aaliyah." I said pointing to the bench in my backyard.

we tiptoed over so we could see better.

shawn and I watched as max and aaliyah talked and sat on the bench in my back yard.

it got pretty boring and shawn and I were about to leave but stopped when we heard them both get silent.

we watched them both slowly lean in and eventually touch lips.

"oh my god." I whispered shaking shawn's arm.

shawn laughed, "shh don't let them hear us."

it was just a peck, I'm glad because they're 13 years old i don't think I could take a make out session right now.

"they're so cute." I said and shawn smiled.

"they're like us but younger." shawn said.

"we should go on double dates. " I joked and Shawn started laughing.

"no we should have a double wedding." Shawn said.

Shawn and I at this point were both laughing hysterically and my head was in his chest.

I was hitting his chest, I was laughing so hard, and i honestly don't know why. it really wasn't that funny.

when I looked back I saw max and aaliyah looking at us and shawn and I both stopped laughing immediately.

"how long have you been there?" max asked.

"not long at all." I lied badly.

"long enough to see you to two smooching it up." Shawn said and I fell back into his chest laughing again.

why did I find it so funny? I don't know.

max let out a laugh too which I found surprising. thought he would've tackled me by now.

"you guys wanna play hide and seek?" max asked.

"yes." Shawn said quickly and I agreed.

"alright you guys hide we'll find you." max said and Shawn and I ran away bc we are actual children.

when we realized they weren't coming to find us, we left our hiding spot and went back inside.

"you want some ice cream?" i asked shawn.

"what flavor?" he asked me.

"chocolate?"

"of course." he said.

///

so I haven't written the last chapter yet even though I wrote this entire book like forever ago but I'll write it later probably