twenty two

e m i l y

we arrived at mikes party and was relieved to see what kind of party it was. it was kind of like a graduation party. one where nobody's trying to grind and everyone's just chilling and eating food. although, what kind of high school party doesn't have alcohol??

being my new, drink when upset, self I walked straight to the bar.

"mark?" I said to the guy behind the bar.

"hey Emily." he said smiling at me.

"boyfriend problems again?" he asked and I nodded.

"so, keep in mind my boyfriend kind of has a large following on Twitter, and he started tweeting out stuff like "oh some girl on tour.." I corrected myself, "I mean vacation, stripped for me today it was hot." and stuff like that and I called him and he was just like babe babe listen." I explained and he nodded giving me a lemonade with vodka in me. he remembered lol.

"well, just so you know that guys a fool. anyone would be lucky to have someone like you." he said and I smiled.

he studied me for a few seconds before speaking, "you look a lot older than 16."

"I better, I mean you are serving me alcohol. " I said and he started laughing.

"so, what about you? do you have a special someone?" I asked and he nodded.

he pointed to a girl across the room and I looked over.

she definitely just graduated college. I can tell.

"she's my ex girlfriend." he said and I nodded.

"so what's the plan do you want her back or no?" I asked.

"I do, I just don't know how." he said and I nodded.

"make her jealous, show her what she's missing." I said and he nodded.

"with who?" he asked.

"me." I said obviously.

he laughed, "you?"

"yes me is there a problem here?" I asked and he just laughed again.

"but I'm not kissing you I still wanna work things out with my boyfriend." I said sarcastically and he laughed. again. lol must be nervous or something.

he walked out from behind the bar.

"follow my lead." I said and he nodded.

I took his hand and intertwined our fingers. I led him to a spot where his ex could definitely see us, but it wasn't obvious that we went there because of her. I looked up in his eyes and held both his hands. i made myself giggle so obnoxiously (so it seems like we were flirting) that it made him laugh for real.

we stood there for a little longer talking about stupid stuff that didn't actually matter and pretending it was flirtatious.

after a few more minutes I got up on my tippy toes and kissed him on the cheek. ON THE CHEEK I SWEAR.

then I walked away and went to get some food.

mike went back to the the bar and his ex girlfriend hesitantly made her way over to him.