thirteen

e m i l y

"wHOS READY??" yelled Bryce from the back of the car.

Cameron, Mike, Jaymi, and Shawn all cheered.

Shawn was driving and I was in the passenger seat.

"LETS GOOO." Shawn screamed.
it was already 9:30 and we were on our way to some random party. idk I've never been much of a partier.

We arrived at a huge house with lights flashing inside. You could hear the music playing from the outside, it was so loud. We walked inside and immediately I feel trapped. There are tonsss of people here dancing all around us.

all of us walked to the back of the house and found a bonfire.

we all picked up a beer before sitting down around the fire.

"let's play a game." cameron suggested.

"spin the bottle." Bryce said looking at Shawn with a mischievous look on his face.

"no." Shawn said giving Bryce a death stare.

"why not?" Bryce said.

"I'm never gonna let you kiss her Bryce give up." Shawn said and I covered my mouth after accidentally letting out a laugh.

bryce starting laughing hysterically and the rest of us did too, except Shawn. he only laughed a little bit.

"how bout truth or dare?" jaymi said changing the subject.

"I'm down." I said and everyone else nodded.

"okay, cam truth or dare?" mike asked.

"ok see that girl over there?" mike said.

"yeah." cameron said looking over.

"shes cute, right?" mike said.

"real cute." he said and i looked at jaymi.

i watched her shift uncomfortably and look down. oh my god she likes him. lol shes always sucked at hiding her emotions.

"i dare you to ask for her number." mike said

"and then do your best impression of a monkey after she gives it you. or rejects you. either way." i said and i saw jaymi look up and start laughing. my work here is done.      "yeah." shawn said laughing.

cameron laughed then sighed walking over to her.

we could hear faintly. "Hey, I'm cameron." he said and she smiled.

"Maddie." she said back.

"So, uh, can i have your number?" he asked and she giggled slightly taking cam's phone from him. im guessing she typed in her number but i couldn't really see that. she handed the phone back to him and he looked back at us with pleading eyes.

shawn mouthed the word 'go' and everyone else widened their eyes urging him to go on. cameron turned back around to maddie and sighed. he started jumping up and down, wailing his arms, and making noises that i presume he imagined monkeys make but are actually so far from the noises of monkeys.

we all burst out into laughter and cam walked back to us. "that was so embarrasing." he said sitting down.

after we calmed down, mike told cameron it was his turn to truth or dare someone.

"okayyy," he said looking around as if considering who to choose, "shawn, truth or dare?"

shawn looked up, thinking about his options i guess.

"truth." he said finally.

cameron looked down in thought. "whats your favorite thing about each of us?"

shawn sat back in his chair, "ok well i'll start with you." he said to cam. "favorite thing about you, is that you're a super good friend. like i know you'll always have my back. next, we have jaymi. i mean i don't know you that well but from what i know, you're super nice. then, theres bryce who i hate everything about and then we have mike-"

"YO" bryce yelled and shawn laughed.

"kidding." he said looking at bryce, "dude, you're just a lot of fun. like i know when im with you its gonna be lit. "  bryce closed his eyes nodding then hit his fist against his chest twice, kissed it, then put it up in the air. i laughed watching him and shawn continued.

"mike, bro you're always my go to when i wanna play football or something. also you suck at basketball." shawn said and mike gasped.

"do not." he said and shawn rolled his eyes.

then, everyone's attention turned to me.i felt my cheeks heat up slightly and butterflies fill my stomach.

"and emily." shawn said looking me in the eyes.

he studied me for a few seconds. "i honestly do not know what my favorite thing about you is. theres way to many things i love about you. First off, you're so god damn hot you literally burn me every time i touch you."

i laughed at what he said but kept eye contact with him as he continued, "and you're eyes. it's like i fall into them when i look at them for to long, but its good and it makes me wanna keep falling. your lips are so soft and i love nothing more than to feel them touch mine. you're body is hot. like fire hot. you're whole entire appearance still takes me back every time i see you. but if you knew whats on the inside of you, god babe, you'd feel the same way. You're too nice to hurt a fly, which i love about you. i love the sound of you're laugh especially when i caused it. Being around you makes me happy, and i couldn't tell you why that makes me so happy, other than the fact that I'm in your presence. You're so genuine and i can tell by your actions. so yeah, i really don't know what my favorite thing about you is."

when he finished he looked forward again. at this point i realized i was smiling the widest i have ever smile, and i had tears in my eyes.

"all i got was that im fun." bryce said and everyone laughed.

"ok mike, truth or dare." shawn said and everyone looked at shawn like he was crazy.

"um no, we're not moving on from that little speech so fast." mike said.

"shawn you are one hundred percent the sweetest, most caring person on earth. I really don't deserve you." i said and he turned to me quickly.

"you'd think she'd be more cocky after that." bryce said to mike.

"no, em. thats what im trying to get across to you. you deserve me. quite frankly i'd say you deserve a bit better, but all i can do is try and be the best me i can."

"seriously?" Jaymi said and we all turned our heads to her.

"shawn, i think you deserve Emily. and emily, i think you deserve shawn. I think both of you deserve each other. I think that you guys are perfect for each other. it might seem like right now emily doesn't deserve shawn cause he just gave that whole speech and shes over there chilling, but take it from the girl emily tells everything to, she feels the same way."

we all stayed silent for a second, "so whens the wedding?" bryce asked causing everyone to laugh.

i forced a laugh so they wouldn't notice how i felt.

im going to die before my wedding. the wedding that ive planned since i was 7. the wedding that i have a board on pinterest dedicated to.

i'll die before jaymi's wedding. so ill never be the maid of honor.

i'll die before shawn's wedding. so i guess ill never be his bride.

i looked up and saw that the game had continued. i slouched back in my chair and stayed quiet. shawn put his hand on mine and gave me eyes that asked if i was okay. i nodded and looked forward again.

//

hate this chapter a lot its so cringy