twenty six

e m i l y

"emily roberts?" I heard a doctor say.

my mom, shawn and I stood up and followed him back. I guess Shawn noticed I was tense, either that or he was too, because he grabbed my hand.

I held his hand tightly.

we walked in and sat down. shawn released my hand to shake the doctors hand.

"hi I'm shawn. im Emily's boyfriend." he said and I smiled. he placed his hand on my knee when he finished shaking the doctors hand.

"so I see you all are very anxious." the doctor said looking us.

"do you have the results?" my mom asked.

I was too scared to say anything.

"yes I do. now before I say anything I want to talk to you about something. " he said. great. they must be bad.

"whether the results are good or bad, you can be getting drunk so often. I know this was a hard time for you and you only drank from sadness, which is why we are going to let it go legal wise, but even when you are of age. it's not healthy to drink that much. you need to drink alcohol cautiously. "

Shawn stopped him before he could continue, "you said when she is of age?"

the doctor nodded, "yes just because it's legal-"

shawn cut him off, "so she'll be alive four years from now? does that mean the test results are good?"

"yes. the surgery was effective. the cancer cell has been removed from your heart and thankfully didn't spread. you're cured, emily." he gave me a small smile.

"babe!" shawn said pulling me out of my seat and spinning my around.

I laughed as he spun me around.

"you're gonna be okay." he said as he put me down.

"guess we're getting a little longer to complete that bucketlist huh?" i said and he smiled.

"guess so."

//

short chapter but I really need to find a cute italian guy with an accent like really badly.