|/4\|

|/Regan\|

I followed Gael to the same door I did earlier today to give the ass my sizes. Before Gael could leave I grabbed her hand. 

"Can you wait outside for me?" I asked, biting my bottom lip. She smiled gently and nodded. "Thanks."

I walked in the door slowly and shut it behind me quietly. I looked around but didn't spot him, so I decided to look around at the dresses. 

I walked over to a rack of big puffy dresses and looked them over, smiling at the beauty. These girls were sure lucky. 

I turned, my eyes catching the most breathtaking dress I've ever seen.  It was on display on a mannequin, the dress flaring out from the belly button.  The fabric was a deep dark black color, sparkles dancing elegantly across on the second layer of the skirt. The top was a sweetheart neckline, with two straps on each shoulder, hanging off slightly. 

"There you are. I thought you would never come back with that attitude." I turned to the voice, glaring slightly but still lost in the haze of the dress's beauty. 

"That was Roselyn's dress." He nodded his head towards the mannequin behind me. My eyebrows knitted together in confusion. 

"Who's Roselyn?" 

"Not my story to tell. Why don't you go stand on the podium from earlier and then I'll ask for your certain sizes, how does that sound? Or is that too much?" I scoffed, but turned around again and went to the podium. I watched Charles grab his clipboard again and grab ahold of his pen, then shifted his glance down to the paper. 

"Bra size?" 

After listing off sizes and him measuring me in some places to be sure he started sketching, but I was told to stay still so he could pick what looked best with my figure and face. After what seemed like forever he motioned me over to review what it would kind of look like. 

"It's a little dark isn't it?" I asked, leaning over his shoulder to see the sketch. He chuckled, slightly shaking his head. 

"The color will look good against your tan skin and it needs to somewhat match Grayson's personality. You two need to look matching and his tie is that color. And it's his favorite color." He shrugged, but held an amused expression. 

"Can I leave now?" I asked, fiddling with the hem of my large shirt. He nodded. 

Before I turned the door handle his voice called out to me. "Whatever happened in your past I can assure is hard, but don't listen to what they told you. You're beautiful." I blushed, but left quickly. That's one opinion against many. 

Gael was sitting on a random chair that was in the hall. Once she saw me she stood and offered me a smile. 

"It's late now. I'll lead you to your room." She started walking and I followed in her steps. Once I was in my room I looked at my clock. It was midnight, but I wasn't tired. My mind was in different places and my emotions were too hard to sort, so I grabbed the iPod Gael lent me and put the earphones in, then tucked it safely in my pocket. I opened my window slightly to let air in and started to dance with the music. 

Charles was gay, so maybe he was lying about me being beautiful. He wasn't attracted to me or my gender, so did he still mean I was beautiful? 

I hope Charity is alright. I haven't heard from her since that night, and I still don't know what actually happened. I wish I could protect her from whatever Caiden did to her. 

I failed her. I failed my promise. 

I stopped dancing, catching my breath. My chest heaved up and down in a fast pace as I let air in. My mouth felt dry, and I decided I needed a glass of water, so I changed the song on the iPod and walked out of the room and downstairs. 

I looked out the window from the kitchen as I occasionally sipped on the cool water. A wave of smoke caught my eye, so I looked closer. 

I ripped the headphones out of my ears and made my way to the back door and looked out, setting my glass down on the island before leaving the kitchen.

I opened the door and stepped out, letting the cool breeze move my hair behind my shoulders. 

"Can't sleep either?" I asked, interrupting the silence. His hand froze in mid puff. He kept his back to me, but I could tell he knew it was me. 

"You should go back to your room." He replied quietly. I took my chances and took another step forward. 

"It's hard to stay in one place for so long. I needed fresh air anyway." 

"This air isn't fresh anymore." He dropped the cigarette bud and stomped on it. Him smoking bothered me a bit, but if that was his way of coping I was okay. 

"Fresher than the small air from my small window." I shrugged and stood next to him, looking out at the forest. It's like the dark shadows from the forest stared back, but I shrugged that vibe away. 

"I gave Charles my sizes finally." I announced. Grayson didn't reply, he just stared into the void. 

"What's in there?" I asked. 

"Dangerous animals. You shouldn't go in there again from your escape attempt. Don't know if any of those animals can resist a free meal." His voice was cold and harsh, leaving a bitter feel to the tension. 

"Then why are you out here so late in the dangers of night and forest animals?" 

"I can protect myself. Why are you?" He snapped, finally looking at me. My eyebrows furrowed a little at his attitude towards a simple question. 

"I'm willing to risk certain things." I eyed him suspiciously. He continued to stare at me before returning his eyes back to the forest.

"What things?" He asked before stuffing his hands in his pockets when a breeze hit us. 

"My sanity, my dreams, my security, and my confidence." I licked my dry lips, then met Grayson's gaze. 

"I have a feeling we aren't talking about the same thing anymore." He muttered. I shrugged. 

"Maybe." 

"Do you sacrifice a lot?" 

"Sometimes I've already sacrificed enough of one thing that I don't have enough of it to sacrifice anymore." He looked down at me, something behind that coldness in his blue eyes. My eyes slowly peeled down to his full lips. They looked so kissable. 

Before I realized it his lips were on mine, sparks exploding from the simple gesture. His hands went to my waist and mine went to the nape of his neck. It felt so natural, but it was in the heat of the moment. 

I knew that eventually I would have to do this in front of the party members next week. They would want us to kiss in front of them, but I didn't know this felt so good. 

I could faintly taste the cigarette, but I saw past that for the sake of the kiss. He was such a good kisser I felt bad, because I only had so much experience. I had kissed, and stuff, but from what I could tell he probably had more experience than me. 

I pulled away, realizing I was kissing my kidnapper. My eyes were wide with shock, and I ran inside the house and back up to my room. I didn't want to face him anymore, so I hid under my covers. 

Growing bored I grew tired, and I let my eyes flicker closed to welcome my dreams. 

•••

Guess who's a festive ho? Meeee🎄