|/16\|

I UPLOADED THIS LAST NIGHT BUT APPARENTLY IT DIDN'T WORK SO NOW I'M PISSED*****quick note: this chapter is shorter than usual because it is currently 9pm as I start this and it takes me about an hour to write. This chapter might be worse than others, but that is because I'm not in a good mood. All day I've felt severely depressed/down, but I didn't want that to stop me from writing. School was annoying coming back from break, and I've been dealing with a personal problem, so after school I spent my time trying to cheer myself up.

AND THANKS FOR 1k FREAKING READS! WOOP WOOP

BTW I want Paul Zimmer right MEOW GOD DAMNIT

Now to the (short) chapter

|/Grayson\| (note that this isn't Regan)

After Regan had passed out from crying I had tucked her in, staying by her side the whole time. I didn't want to leave my insecure mate alone in a bad time, because I wanted to stop what she felt.

I wanted nothing more then at that moment when she told me what her classmates called her to just shift and rip some Irish heads off, but I knew she wouldn't probably know where they all were currently, or that she would approve of my intentions. But it was the thought that counted, right?

I watched as her nose scrunched up on her sleep, and I ran my hand through her hair. How could such an innocent, beautiful girl be brought down by lies?

Her nose in scrunched, and I could see her freckles again. I wanted nothing more than to just mark Regan, claim her as my own, because clearly other wolves didn't quite get that she was mine, and mine alone.

I thought about how I could undo the damage already screwed into her mind. Compliment her as many times as necessary to undo the names she was called? But that didn't work all the time. I thought your significant other, your mate, could make you feel beautiful in all kinds of ways more than anyone could possibly ever, so maybe I would be a help? But after many years of severe bullying would it work at all? Or was the damage permanent?

Alpha an annoying voice broke into my thoughts. I sighed, but not loud enough to cause Regan to stir.

What could you possibly need at a major time as this? I growled back through the mind link at Aaren. I continued to twirl Regan's blond hair between my fingers as I waited for a response.

There's a new package signed as, and I quote, 'for Regan, and Regan alone' at the front door. Don't know how they knew this was where she stayed because that information was not released. Aaren replied minutes later. I was about to growl, but then I remembered that Regan needed rest, and that I was right beside her.

Bring it to my office. Don't open it or touch it otherwise. I'll meet you there in a few. My eyes landed on Regan's sleeping form again, and I untensed. How could such a simple being as her bring so much trouble into her life?

I slowly got up and replaced my body with a spare pillow lying on her bed, and she instantly frowned, squeezing it tightly as if she wasn't completely satisfied with it. I smirked, knowing I had an affect on her.

When I entered the office Caiden, Aaren, and Levi were all standing in front of my desk, waiting. I moved behind my desk and looked at the box nervously, but keeping a straight face. What has the cat dragged in this time?

Without a second glance at the guys, I opened the box in a swift motion. When I looked inside, my heart stopped.

•••

WOAH I'M SORRY. first is a short, shitty chapter, and then I throw a cliff hanger! I'm such a bitch omg😂