|/8\|

Regan's makeup above

|/Regan\|

Today is the day. Not a day, the day. I got to sleep in because as Gael put it "I need beauty sleep so I stay radiant as ever."

Gael woke me up at eleven so we could start prepping me. The dance/gathering was at 6, and I needed to do a lot of things to prepare. 

"Take a bath with this bath bomb, wash your hair today, too-" I zoned out and just walked into my bathroom, looking over at what Gael put by the tub. Why couldn't I just take a shower? I had to be perfectly groomed and scented, it's not like my smell was important. 

I filled the tub with warm water them undressed and got in after putting the bath bomb inside. I took my time before getting out and drying myself. I wrapped the towel around my body before stepping out into my bedroom. 

Gael was absent from the room, leaving undergarments and a robe. I got dressed in that and read the note. 

Get dressed in these then meet me downstairs in the kitchen. 

I crumbled the paper and threw across the room before leaving my room. Once I entered the kitchen I spotted Gael, Amara, and Charity. 

I smiled and sat on one of the stools next to Amara. 

"So what's next?" I asked. 

"Lunch." Gael slid a plate full of food in front of me. My gaze stayed on the pile of food a little too long, making Gael clear her throat for my attention. 

"No snacks later today, so eat up." I nodded and started eating the food. After what felt like ages we finished and went to a separate room. It had spa things, and since I've never been to one I got excited. 

"Wow, so much pampering." I joked. 

"Sit down, I'll do your nails." Amara told me. I nodded and sat in a seat, situating myself for a comfortable position. 

"I'm going with black because I know that your dress will be dark. It's a safe color to choose." She grabbed a gel nail polish and got situated herself, then opened the bottle and stroked the brush on my fingernails. After that she did my toenails, then we switched places. She told me her dress was light, so I grabbed the white nail polish. 

After all of our nails were dry we moved on to hair. 

They dried the remaining wet strands in my hair then straightened it. They grabbed some strands in the front and left it there to frame my face, then grabbed the rest of my hair and started twisting them individually, then together. They pinned it like a bun on the top of the back of my head, telling me it was like a rose kind of. They curled the strands of hair that fell from the front, then added hairspray lightly. 

Charity just curled her hair, then fixed it to look more natural. Gael braided hers into a Dutch braid like Elsa has in Frozen. Since Amara had short hair she just pinned some strands from the front to the back in twists. 

They told me my appearance had to top everyone else's and they needed to be sure of that, but they told me my hair wasn't too unnatural. 

"It's three, let's start makeup." Charity said. They nodded and placed multiple makeup bags on the vanity in front of me. I gasped. 

"They are separate for each of us, but we're combining for you since you don't have makeup." Amara told me. I nodded, my eyebrows furrowed. 

"Why am I not allowed to makeup?" I asked, looking up at each of them. They shared secretive looks with small smiles.