|/21\|

|/Regan\|

Everything was fuzzy. My body was numb, my brain was barely functioning, and my vision was black. I opened my eyes but they quickly recoiled from the brightness. I sat up slowly and winced when my leg made a weird movement. I looked down to see a cast around my right leg, and my heart dropped at the side of it. If the damage was bad, I wouldn't be able to dance the same. There goes my only getaway.

I looked around the room and noticed that I lay in a bed of pearly silk sheets, the walls a cream color and the floor left in white marble. The lights were all on, and I sighed when recognizing that was the reason the room made my eyes hurt.

I didn't know where I was, and that thought scared me, almost as bad as when Grayson first kidnapped me. My heart ached when Grayson came to my mind, because I couldn't sense his presence, not like that was normal for a human in the first place. This wasn't Grayson's house, and I knew he only trusted to keep me there. So that left me to be where I was hunted for. The boy that hurt me to the point where I didn't trust being in my own body. The boy that made me think my own thoughts were lies. Brett.

I scowled at his name coming to my thoughts and I wished he didn't affect me like that. I wish I was numb to the sound of his name, his appearance. But I'd be lying if I told you he didn't scar me in that way.

If he was human then I would stand a chance, but because he's a werewolf and an alpha at that and I was just a mere human with a broken leg, which ruined any chances of escape, I didn't have any means of being set free. Brett wanted me, and he would rather kill me himself than to allow another person to have me, let alone alpha. And I was doomed for that and for my sanity unless Grayson managed to save me. I despised the thought of needing a savior because Brett was my problem.

The door abruptly opened and a young girl walked in. She didn't look surprised to find me awake, and that didn't surprise me either.

"Alpha Monroe requests your prescense at dinner by 6. You're requested to dress up, and a guard will be here to escort you in the right direction. I'm also told to inform you that guards are outside your door, and any attempt to escape or manipulate will be punished for." She wiped at her apron but not a speck was on it. I kept my mouth shut as I stared lazily at her. She seemed taken back by my silence, and I decided that I liked shocking her that way. She hesitated before turning back around and leaving, and when she did I plopped back down against the bed.

My head rolled to the side to find that the clock read five thirty pm. How long had I been out?

The closet got to me eventually, and I decided to attempt to get up. I had to limp because of my lack of crutches and found the closet. Once I opened it I found sections of color and material. Surely these weren't my sizes because as to how they got my measurements would be confusing.

I ignored that and rested my gaze on pale blues. They reminded me of Grayson, and my heart ached again in longing. Why wouldn't he mind link me? Had he given up because I was a good riddance? Merely because I was just human and not strong to lead his pack at his side? The thoughts hurt, and I decided on the blacks instead.

The first one I grabbed I decided on and stripped off my clothes. It was difficult with my cast, by I eventually got my leggings off. I ditched the bra and slipped the dress on, zipping it the best to my abilities. 

I turned and looked in the full length mirror, noting how it did fit perfectly. My eyes were drawn to my wild hair, so I pulled half of it into an Ariana grande signature style. My makeup was smeared and dry, so I found makeup remover and stripped my face clean of it.

Going through the drawers I found some makeup and worked on fixing everything back to the way it was. It was like everything was prepared for me to stay here for a long time. But I knew that if this makeup wasn't here I wouldn't be able to face anyone because I wouldn't feel secure about myself, and makeup did just that for me.