|/19\|

|/Regan\|

"We have a lead on the box sent to us-" Aaren stopped himself from continuing when he saw me in the room. I sighed and rolled my eyes before grabbing my drink.

"I know when I'm not wanted."  I stayed, turning to look at everyone. "Especially when it's business about me that I'm not supposed to know about." I looked back and forth between Aaren, Charity, and Gael, who all portrayed a look of guilt.

"We want you to know, Regan, really, but Alpha forbids it."

"Alpha alpha alpha. He's all high and mighty, ain't he?" I sighed for the millionth time before going through the kitchen and out the back door. I sat at the edge of the deck, feeling the cool air brush against my bare skin. Of course this time has been hard, especially when there's so many secrets I'm not allowed to know because I simply can't understand. And when you're a human mated to an Alpha, it's even more rough.

I wanted to scream in frustration, yell the question constantly being shouted in my head. Why keep me here when I seem to be the main source of trouble threatening the pack? Just because I'm a mate, packs are more important from what I've gathered.

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah, sure you are." I laughed, shaking my head. Of course I knew who the voice belonged to. "Not really feeling the empathy here." A coat was draped over my shoulders.

"It's too cold for you to be out here, especially without a coat." I didn't want to look at him and tell him he was right, that I was freezing in the cold without his ice blue eyes that seemed to make everything warmer.

"You're human and still recovering your health, you can get sick."

"And a cold would be the end of the world."

"It would be for me." I laughed at that, nearly scoffing.

"What am I being shielded from, Gray? You think you're protecting me from this when it's only driving me mad." He sat down next to me, pulling me by the waist closer. I didn't want to feel comfortable by this action, or feel safe in the arms of a monster from my world, but i did, and I couldn't control that.

"I can feel your mind racing with thoughts." And I'd that wasn't creepy and stalker-ish sounding, I didn't know what did.

"Then end the race and tell me what's wrong." I stared hard into his clear eyes, daring him to deny my request. His hand reached up and held my cheek, brushing his thumb across my cheekbone.

"You're afraid." He stated, sensing my emotion. "You're scared to hear the threat on you."

"I just want to understand." He stayed silent, his eyes roaming my face as if taking in every feature.

"Alpha-" he paused and corrected himself. "We suspect Hunter, but there was a delivered package addressed for you. When we opened it, there was a- a human head, blood still fresh." My eyebrows knotted, and I bit my tongue as I held my hand to my mouth. "With a note stapled on the forehead, saying that you were next unless given up."

"Who would do such a thing?"

"Brett would, because if he can't have you he doesn't want anyone to be able to. At least that's what we've been going off on."

"Why didn't you just tell me?"

"Because I don't want you to feel afraid, like you do now."

"Then why did you?"

"Because I can't stand you being angry at me." I smiled, but it didn't quite reach my eyes, and I rested my head on his shoulder, feeling instantly safe and warm at his embrace.

"I trust you."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"To never leave me. You won't leave, right?"

"Never."

"Promise?" My heart aches at the sound of his broken voice, that I knew I was the only one that would be able to see him like this.

"I promise." He placed a kiss on the top of my head, wrapping his arms around me. It was then that I noticed he didn't have his coat, and that I was wearing it instead.

•••

It's Brittany Bitch

YOOOO GUESS WHOS BACK BACK BACK, BACK AGAIN GAIN GAIN

so this is short, yes, and I apologize, but it's a little refresher.

AND SWEET BABY JESUS HOW MANY THOUSAND READS DID WE GET SINCE I LQST UPDATED?! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

I'm going to try to update here more often, I just suffered from writers block here.