|/9\|

Brett Monroe as Dylan Sprouse

|/Regan\|

I grabbed the little girl and held her behind me to protect her, ignoring the low chuckles from my actions. My eyes met with his, and the moment they did all the memories came flooding back like they were missing before. 

"W-what are you doing here?" I asked. Brett smirked, something I haven't missed. He was trouble. His eyes trailed over my body, then landed on my face. 

"You are very beautiful tonight." He ignored the question. 

"I thought you were in Ireland." I said, stepping back with the girl protectively, my hands behind my back as I held her shoulders.

"Well, I had better things to do here in America!"

"Like what?" I asked. He shook his head in a silent laugh. 

"You're here, aren't you? I found that out when I tried to find you again.."

"Do you expect me to stay still in torture?" 

"I expected you to do what I told you." He said firmly, jaw clenched. 

"I'm not a puppet." 

"No, but you're mine, not that pup's over there." He motioned his head angrily in the direction of the house. 

"Grayson?" I asked and he nodded. M eyebrows scrunched in a frown. "I don't know what you mean that 'I'm his' though." 

"The bastard still hasn't told you?" I shook my head and he laughed again, like this whole thing was a joke. 

"Well then I guess that makes this a lot easier." He took a step closer, but I frantically backed up and he stopped, sighing in frustration. 

"Just come with me, I won't hurt you." 

"We both know that's a lie." I snapped. The girl behind me whimpered and clung to the skirt of my dress.

"Regan, you were promised to me, and I intend to keep the promise that was made to me." 

"By who?" 

"Your dad, who else?" 

"He isn't my dad anymore, so he doesn't have control over my life now." 

"A promise is still a promise, no matter the circumstances." 

"Why does everyone think I'm a fucking object?" 

"Because you are. That's what girls are for, to be claimed." 

"Fuck you, you little bastard-"

"You know swearing at me never ends well for you." I huffed at him. 

"Well it doesn't matter. I'm not dating you or anything." 

"You will be marrying me-"

"No I won't be." 

"It was arranged that way with your dad." 

"Sperm-donor. Not dad. No custody over me or my actions."

"You're mine forever!" He stormed closer and I turned quickly to the girl. 

"Run." I whispered, and she did, towards the house. Before I could run with her a hand clamped down on my shoulder and spun me around, a hand colliding with my cheek with so much force. I gasped and clutched my face. 

"You're coming with me." He yanked on my arm towards him, but I resisted and screamed. 

"Help!" Brett turned sharply and smacked me again, but this time held his hand on my mouth. I bit it, and he yanked I back, seething in pain.