|/22\|

|/Grayson\|

"What the fuck do you mean that he got away, dammit!" I smashed my fist into a nearby wall causing Gael to flinch.

"I'm so sorry, Alpha, he was about to take me down for good-"

"Don't make excuses. To protect your Luna means you put your life on a string that can be cut down to help in any way to make sure she is safe!" My voice became more animistic as I spoke, and I knew the wolf wanted to be let out. "Just get out there with the others to help catch a scent before I do something I'll regret, and not because of my conscious but because of Regan." without another word she scurried out of the front door and I was left to the house by myself. The minute the door closed I swung my fists repeatedly into the wall that was previously smashed in curses, wishing that I went with my gut feeling and didn't allow the two to go walk in the woods.

When the wall looked like someone ran through it I stormed up the stairs and into my office. I swung the closet doors open and grabbed the opened cardboard box, taking the picture back out. The stuffing rubbing against the edges would normally make me cringe, but I ignored it and focused on my greatest fear right in front of me.

The picture showcased a dark room with cemented walls and flooring. There were racks with weapons that looked ready to be used to cause damage, ones that even made me cautious. The damn devil stood in the middle of it, holding his arms out to display this room. He held a smirk that seemed to be telling me that he already won and that my princess was in for it if she didn't obey, and it also read that we both knew she wasn't going to. I want to rip his heart out of his chest and give him the same smirk as I watch the life run out of him. I tore my eyes away from that smirk and turned the picture over, glaring at his writing.

 She'll be trained to love me before you get me.

Even though I had already read through this photo, the words seemed to sting more than before because this time I knew that she was taken from me. I knew that she was going to be hurt and that that exact room in this picture was going to be put to good use, because my princess was a fighter. I loved that about her, but at the moment I hated it all the same.

How far out are you all? I linked the group.

Covered only a small portion spread out, why? Levi replied.

I'm joining you. I shoved the picture in my pocket, enjoying how it was bent. 

Alpha, leave it to us for our Luna, you need to catch up on your work. You've been behind lately because of all this. Amara responded.

Stay in your place

I apologize, Alpha.

I'll go visit his land then.

That's not a good idea and you know it. That's putting yourself in danger.

She's my mate, Caiden.

We all know that, she's our Luna, but visiting a pack's land uninvited and unannounced is putting yourself at a high risk. You don't know what you'd be charged with.

Caiden-

Don't put your pack in a bad place because its Luna is in danger. They can already feel her absence and know something is wrong, don't make it worse and abandon them.

Fine, get back and come with me.

Gra

After blocking all of the mind links I put the box back in the closet, forgetting about the picture shoved in my back pocket.

|/Regan\|

"Why am I requested in his office?" I crossed my arms and gave the guard a look.

"I am not told things, now come with me." Without protesting because I knew it wouldn't do me any good, I followed her out of my prison and eventually made it to his office. When I entered, he was sat in his chair, facing the window. I slowly walked over and waited closer, not muttering a word as I wanted to continue my own silent battle. I knew that he could sense me.

"Still sticking to that silence thing, huh?" Brett asked, twirling his chair to face me. "Take a seat." When I didn't move he smirked with a chuckle. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and tilted my head.

"Of course, I forgot the mighty and independent Regan didn't take orders from me anymore." He stood up, leaning his body weight on the desk by his hands. "It's frustrating that you learned how to stick up for yourself and fight back in any possible way you could." He glared up at me, meeting his green eyes to mine. "Like you are now." I gave him a look of fake confusion, and he chuckled again, but this time he shook his head. 

"You know that you aren't strong enough as a human to physically fight a werewolf, Alpha at that. Therefore, you are frustrating me to no end on your silence and noncooperation." I nodded and shrugged. With that he stalked slowly towards me and I held back a flinch. 

"You know, I could break you physically and mentally, right?" His hand grazed my jaw. "I've done it before." I turned my head and dared to stare directly in his eyes, giving him a smile that gave him his answer. I wasn't so easily broken nowadays. 

"If that's so, then we'll change the scenery." Brett grabbed my wrist aggressively, pulling me in tow as he left the room and stormed down multiple halls. I didn't resist because it was a waste of energy, and instead limped behind without a hint of protest. When he opened a door and I saw that it led downstairs I got weary, feeling in my gut that this wasn't going to be good. Brett was patient as I followed him slowly down the stairs, knowing that I couldn't go any faster without falling.

When we reached the bottom, my heart dropped like it was just ripped out. It was dark, cement covered everything, racks with torture-like tools. I turned to Brett immediately, losing the brave front and looking at him pleadingly.

"I've upgraded my tactics." He smirked, raising his eyebrows. I shook my head, biting my tongue to stop myself from pleading. A look was enough. 

He stepped closer and grabbed my waist, holding me tight. 

"Unless you change your mind this room will be put to many, many uses." He gave me a grin of a psycho and I mentally recoiled. Did I really want to allow him control over my actions because of this fear? Or did I want to show him that I wasn't the way I was when I was younger and naive? 

I decided on what I had put my faith into all up until now, giving him a smile in return of my own deviance, patting his cheek.

"Show me what you got, big boy."

•••
Song// Video Games by Lana Del Ray