|/30\|

ATTEEEENTIOOOON!!!! A SEQUEL IS COMING AND IT'S GOING TO BE MORE INTENSE AND DRAMATIC AND LOVELY THAN THIS!!!!!!!! Please check it out when it goes up! I'll be trying to update every week on the sequel! I HAVE SO MANY AMAZING THINGS PLANNED FOR IT SEUFHOQIU904848W9UQ!

I continued to fill my plate with wings and mashed potatoes, overflowing it with gravy for my second plate. How could I resist all this food at the barbecue? There were literally four long tables overflowed with different dishes of food. 

It was the summer celebration thrown by the council of the pack to celebrate the beginning of summer, or in other words the moon goddess blessing them with a new fertilized and fresh land for crops and what not. Grayson didn't really go off about the subject because he didn't believe in the moon goddess, nobody was supposed to know that. The point is though is that this celebration didn't make sense to me but I was happy about the good food.

When I put my second plate of food down on the table and sat with Grayson he immediately pulled the plate towards him and sniffed it. I stared at him like he was a freak and pulled my plate back defensively. 

"Why the hell are you smelling my food?" 

"I did it with your other plate when you went to get your bottled water."

"Um, can I ask why?"

"Because I like smelling food." He gave me a serious look and I stared at him blankly. What the fuck? After a couple seconds he laughed and shook his head. "To smell for poison, silver, or wolfsbane."

"Why? I can understand the poison, but the werewolf stuff?"

"You're pregnant with werewolves." I face palmed myself and laughed. 

"Wow, i'm an idiot." I picked up my fork and started eating, listening in with Gael's and Amara's conversation.

"Sorry, but I disagree. The Bloodrose Dusk pack doesn't sympathize with surrenders. They're brutal with wars and battles and they cheat the game with their abilities. They're climbing the latter with the young alpha in pack ranking, so close I'm afraid they'll try to attack us to overpower and be the strongest pack in the country. Could try for the world too." Gael spoke, catching my attention.

"Bloodrose Dusk? Why such a dark name?" I chimed in.

"Some packs want to be intimidating, this one is though." Amara said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Are they going to try to attack us?"

"Possibly, you never know with them. But their battles are never fair. Their titled have powers."

"Like what?" I asked before taking another bite.

"Fire, one of the most dangerous. It's always been the alpha that had fire, but their fire is different. They can create it from nothing."

"You're shitting me." I looked at her with wide eyes and I felt Grayson's hand rub my back.

"They probably won't attack until they build up more of their army. It's too risky for them to try now." I nodded before dropping my fork and hovering over my seat almost immediately.

"Regan, you okay?" Charity asked as she walked up to the table. My eyes were wide and my breathing quickened in panic.

"I think my water just broke but then again I don't know." Grayson stood up and held my shoulder.

"Are you sure you didn't just pee yourself?" Gael asked and I shook my head.

"No, my water broke."