|/11\|

|/Regan\| 

I didn't know how to respond or react. Gasp? Faint? Cry? Hug Grayson tight? I didn't know how this mate thing worked. I knew the males were extremely possessive, especially Grayson as an Alpha, but I've never seen it in action. 

So instead of standing stiff while Grayson held my body flush against his, I wrapped my arms around his torso, hugging him. Maybe that would calm his protective instincts? 

But then I remembered the time I had a really bad nightmare when I was nine. I woke up crying, running to my parents bedroom and telling them how scary it was, and how I wouldn't be able to sleep anymore. My mom just held me tight and cradled me, whispering in my ear how it was alright, how I was safe and fine. So using that tactic vice versa would work, right? 

"I'm here, Grayson. I'm safe with you." I cooed, but he just growled possessively.

"They'll find you." He growled, but instead of pulling away, afraid of getting striked, I held onto him tighter. I knew Grayson wouldn't hurt me. 

"I'm safe with you." I murmured into his chest. I could here the slight rumble of a growl, but I knew his wolf was probably satisfied with what I told him. 

We stayed in each other's embrace for a while longer, knowing he would feel like I was less threatened that way, but it felt good, I felt safe to be in his arms.

I lifted my head from his chest and looked up at him. He looked down at me when he saw my movements, and I could see the pure black of his eyes. His wolf was on edge, in control right now. Of course. Grayson wouldn't want to hold me, right? It was only for his wolf right? Not for him, not for me...

I pressed my head against his chest again, not wanting to have that idea eating away at my thoughts at the moment. 

"What was the threat?" I asked. He growled, not liking me bringing it back up, but shouldn't I know? 

"Mine. Nobody will take what's mine." He nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck, inhaling my scent. 

"Yours. Nobody will change that. I'm yours." I assured, earning a satisfied growl. 

Maybe that's all he wanted. A mate, but not a love. Maybe he didn't want to try to find love with me, and only wanted to please his wolf and his image as an Alpha. Maybe it was only for his wolf but not for his own pleasure. 

"I should go to bed-" I started to tear my body from his, but he just pulled me back, only held me tighter. 

"Grayson, let go-" he growled at me. I huffed, already getting annoyed. 

"I'm tired, and I'm done hugging you. I need to sleep now." He growled again, and squeezed my frail body. 

"No." He replied, and I huffed. I tried to pull his arms off my waist, but he refused. 

"God damnit, Grayson!" I cursed at him, and he lifted his head to look down at me sternly.

"Don't swear at me." He demanded, and i rolled my eyes. 

"Can I just go to bed, you big teddy bear!" Okay, maybe I shouldn't tease him about something he can't control, but that was funny, right? 

"You aren't allowed to be alone anymore. No exceptions." 

"What!? What if I have to shower or go to the bathroom?" 

"I'll wait for you in there, but I'm not leaving you to be alone." 

"No way are you seeing me naked, buddy!" I snapped, and his jaw clenched as he tried to control his wolf. 

"I don't care what you want, because it doesn't even matter anyway."