Brent

Banner by lackingromance thanks for the beautiful banner

Brent's POV

I wake to my phone ringing. I reach for the bedside table and my finger touch the phone. I move it to me and I blink a couple of times before I can see the name on the screen.

I hit accept and hold the phone to my ear.

Me: Hello, this is Brent.

Voice: Brent, its Alex. I'm calling to offer you the role of Parker.

Yes, this is the role I've wanted since I read the script for the movie.

I smile. Me: Thank you.

Alex: You delivered an exceptional audition tape and when the Casting Director saw your video she knew you were the one for the lead role. We need you in Vancouver on the 8th July.

Me: I'll be there. Thank you very much.

Alex: Have a great day.

Me: You too.

I drop the phone on the bed. I climb out of bed and put on a pair of Levi jeans and a white shirt.

I exit the bedroom and make my way to the kitchen.

Mum and Dad are in the kitchen. They look at me as I enter the room.

I smile. "Good morning."

Mum hugs me. "Good morning. What has you so chipper this morning?"

"Oh," I look at the ground. "I got the lead role of Parker."

Dad whistles. "That's great, son. I heard they were being fussy with the casting for this movie. When did you audition for it?"

I look at my parents. "I never went to the audition. Laughlin must have sent them the video. It started as a joke with him and I when we were drunk. I didn't know he sent the tape."

Mum shakes her head. "I knew if someone sent an audition tape you'd land the lead role. I want to take you out to dinner to celebrate."

My brother's enter the kitchen.

Logan looks at Mum. "What are we celebrating?"

"Your brother landed the lead role in a movie that's talked about in tinsel town." Mum gushes. She pinches my face.

Thank fully her phone rings and she takes the call outside.

Logan leans against the counter. "I supposed you didn't send an audition tape to the company making the film?"

I shake my head. "No, that was Laughlin. We were fooling around one night while drinking and he dared me to do an audition tape. But, I didn't know he'd actually send the tape. So, when I see him tonight I'm going to punch him and then hug him. He's told me plenty of time that I will make it in Hollywood and I didn't believe him. I still don't."

Logan laughs. "Brother, everyone around you see's things you don't. One thing I've known for a while is that you were going to take after our parents. You know who else I see going in the acting industry?"

I shake my head.

He places his hands on the table. "Mikayla and Sasha. Those two will be able to make in the industry if that's where they want to go."

I look at my brother. "Mikayla doesn't want to act. She's got other things on her mind to worry about. I feel bad for her. What's she going to be like if that guy is successful in killing Grandmother?"