The phone call

One Week Later

It's been a week Juliet met her parents. She's having dinner with them tonight. She invited me to the dinner.

Landon looks at me. "Are you sure you want to go to the family dinner with Juliet?"

I wrap my arms around him. "No, I would rather stay here with you and watch a movie. Maybe, even cook dinner and have a candle light dinner with you."

He shakes his head. "I prefer that idea than going to some restaurant with a family that I don't know."

I move my head back to look into his blue eyes. "You are going to be a part of that family. Juliet is marrying your brother after all."

Everyone around me seems to be doing everything that I want. They are getting married and having children of their own and I'm stuck with the agreement for four more months.

I pull away from him and sigh. "Landon?"

"Hmm," he looks at me.

I shake my head. "Nothing," I exit the room and walk into the kitchen. I scrub the kitchen clean.

Landon enters the kitchen wearing a tux. "How do I look?"

I move toward him and fix the tie. "You look dashing."

He winks. "Thanks, Babe."

I walk upstairs and have a quick shower. I exit the bathroom and put on a red dress that I got on sale.

As I enter the living room Landon turns to me and he whistles. "You look gorgeous." He takes my arm and we exit the house.

On the way to dinner my phone starts to ring. I hit the answer button.

Me: Hello, this is Mikayla.

Voice: Hey, sis. It's Sasha. I was talking to Elizabeth and Benjamin invited the family to The White House for dinner this weekend. Can you come, please?"

I look at Landon. I would love to go there for dinner. Landon and I will be going to New York on Thursday. I've never been there. So, I thought I might as well check it out before I go to The White House for dinner.

Landon slams on the breaks. He looks at me. "Did you say The White House?"

I nod.

He laughs. "This is exactly what I need for my business. Parker Inc., goes to The White House."

I slap his arm. "Shut up."

Sasha: That's great. I can't wait to see you. I'm going to the Doctor's when you come to Washington. Robbie and I will be finding out the sex of the baby. Can you come with us to the hospital?

I smile. I'd love to go with you to the Doctor's.

Sasha: I have something to ask you. She pauses. Would you like to be my child's Godmother?

Me: I would be honoured to be the Godmother.

Sasha: That's great. Do you think Landon would be alright with being the Godfather?

Me: Can you hang on a sec. I need to put you out loudspeaker. I pull the phone away from my ear. I hit the loudspeaker in my I-Phone. You can ask him now.

Sasha: Landon, we would like for you to be the Godfather of Dimitri and my child.

Landon: I would be honoured to take on that role. Thank you for asking.

Sasha: I know you love my sister and she feels the same about you. So, I couldn't think of a better person than you.

Voice: Sasha, we need to go. Mum and Dad...

I hear Sasha moan through the phone.

I hang up.

I didn't want to hear that.