The Biological Parents

Banner by SarahYaqoob thank you for the banner

I don't know how long I've been parked outside the house when a Limo pulls over at the side of the road. A guy steps out of the car and he approaches me. He knocks on the window.

My hand fumbles with the electronic window button. I wipe my hands on the black skirt I'm wearing. I hit the button and window come down. I look at the guy.

The guy has sandy blonde hair, stands at 6.1ft, with green eyes and tanned skin. "Can I help you?" He asks.

I nod. "I'm looking for Mariana and George Lambert."

He crosses his arms and leans against the car. "What do you want with my parents?"

I open the car door and step out. I stand in front of him. "I have some leads about their missing daughter."

He throws his hand up in the air and shakes his head. "Not this shit again. I can't tell you how many girls come by to meet my parents claiming to be their long lost daughter. When the time comes for the DNA test they hit the hills."

"I'm not like those girls."

He towers over me. "What makes you different to the other girls?"

A woman steps out of the car and she approaches us. "What's going on, Logan?" she looks between Logan and I.

Logan looks at his mother. "This girl wanted to talk to you, Mum."

The woman crosses her arms. "I'm Mariana Lambert. What's your name?"

"Mikayla Harrison."

Mariana starts to fall and the guy catches her.

Why did she faint? Does she know me? Am I her daughter?

He glares at me. "What did you do to my mother?"

I look at Logan and Mariana. "I didn't do anything. We should put her in the car and take her up to the house."

He shakes his head. "You should leave. I don't want you here when she wakes up."

I cross my arms. "I'm going with you to the house. I want to talk with her more when she wakes up. Now, take her to the car." I walk over to the limo and open the door.

Logan places Mariana in the car. I climb in and sit across from Logan. The car pulls into the driveway and takes us to the house.

I see a beautiful green lawn that has been mowed recently, in the middle of the driveway is a fountain with the letter 'L' in it. The mansion is three stories and its painted white. A set of stairs lead up to the front door.

I step out of the car and hold the door open for Logan.

The front door opens and a man with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes steps out of the house. He looks at me and then at then Logan. "Who do we have here?"

I smile. "Mikayla Harrison, sir."

He shakes his head. "Shit!"

It must be true. I'm there missing daughter.

Logan looks at his father. "What's going on, Dad? Do you know this girl?"

The father runs his hand throw his hair. "Yes, she's your sister. But, I want a DNA test done to confirm it. I'll give my Doctor a call and get him to come out tonight. We'll have the results in before the end of the day."

The father takes his wife and carries her into the house. He places her on the lounge. He pulls out his phone and exits the room.

Logan looks at me. "Don't expect me to go all brotherly on you. I'm not going to get my hopes up that my parents have found there long lost daughter. Besides, I already have a sister and she's been put through a lot." He looks at his mother. "She tried to kill my little sister once. Mum said 'that no-one will ever replace her little Maya and that she was a mistake.' Mum was alright with her twin brother."