New York

The limo pulls into the tarmac and I look out the window at the private plane The Lamberts own.

I whistle. "I can't believe my parents own that."

Landon leans over me. "It's smaller than the one I own."

I've never been on his families planes. I haven't even set foot outside of California and I'm 28 years old.

The driver steps out of the car and he opens the door for me. I step out of the car and there's a red carpet that leads to the plane.

Mum and Dad are standing next to the stairs.

I laugh. "Mum and Dad, do you realise we're not at the MTV Movie Awards."

Mum laughs. "I'll have to take you with us to one of the Awards shows next year. Would you like that, Mikayla?"

I nod. "Yes, it sounds like fun getting dressed up and meeting the famous people."

She places a hand on my shoulder. "You're famous as well, by being related to us and for being with Landon. I wouldn't be surprised if people want to make a reality TV show based on you."

I shake my head. "No-ones approached me on that yet. When they do I will be turning them down. People don't need to know everything I do. I like my privacy."

The pilot sticks his head out the door. "We're going to be departing in ten minutes. Please, come inside and put your seatbelts on."

I hold onto the handrails and climb the stairs to the plane. I stop when I get to the top. My brothers are sitting close to each.

Where's Adam?

Robbie looks at me. "Adam's at school in New York. He's going to meet us in Washington for dinner."

Landon places a hand on my shoulder. "I thought it was going to be the two of us going to New York without my family."

Landon whispers. "As soon as the plane lands in New York we will be doing our own things. But, tonight I have a meeting to attend. You can spend the night exploring the City with your brothers. If you find some place you want to see write it down and we can go there tomorrow."

I move over to a seat and sit next to the window. I open the blinds and look outside. I see planes take-off.

I'm scared.

I turn to Landon. "Landon?"

He squeezes my hand. He whispers. "You don't need to be afraid. Just squeeze my hand if you get scared."

Robbie leans forward. "Mikayla, is this your first plane ride?"

I nod. "The Harrison's hated planes. They drove us everywhere in California. For some reason California was the moving around place for them. San Francisco is the furthest I've travelled."

Robbie shakes his head. "That's crazy. Mum and Dad took us to Europe on more than one occasion. My favourite spot would have to be London. You should go to the London Eye. You'd enjoy that."

I lie my head on him.

He whispers. "We can go to London and Paris when we get married for real. I'll give you a double honeymoon. First we'll go to Paris and leave our daughter with my parents and then we will travel to London as a family."

I like that he's calling my daughter ours. He's going to be a good father to my daughter. I'm looking forward to the day I actually carry his child.

I kiss his cheek. "I like the sound of our daughter."

"What's yours is mine and vice versa."

The pilot comes over the loudspeaker. "Ladies and Gentleman we are about to take off. Please, make sure you a buckled in and your seats are in the upright position for take-off."

The plane starts to move down the run way. I watch as a couple of planes take-off first. Our plane is in line for take-off.

I hold on the arm rest and the plane picks up speed on the runway. The plane leaves the ground and it goes into the sky.

I squeeze Landon's hand.

He points outside. "You should look outside."

I look outside and I see the trees and the city.

It looks small from up here.

Landon wraps his arms around me and I fall asleep in his arms.

***

The plane lands in New York and I step off the plane. There's a gold carpet on the ground that leads to two limousines.

I point to the second one. "Is that ours?"

He nods. "It's going to take us to Grandmother's condo. No-one in my family knows about this place. Three months before Grandmother died she brought this place for you. She put it in her Maiden name so no one would come looking for this place. She set up a few bedrooms."

I smile. "I can't wait to see what Grandmother did to the place. I miss her Landon."

Landon kisses my temple. "I miss her too. She was the one I went to for advice on you. All the wisdom I got from her is gone. She used to tell me that you were special and that I was arsehole for getting rid of last year. I'm starting to agree with her."

Landon and I climb into the limo and it takes us to the condo. Landon look at me. "We're going to the Upper East Side."

I knew that's where she would buy a place.

I pull out my phone and text Robbie.

Me: I'm going to the Upper East Side.

Robbie: So are we.  Do you want to get dinner tonight?

Me: Yes! Landon's got a meeting to attend tonight. So, you can show me around.

Robbie: Great! Text me the address when you get to your condo.

Me: Ok.

I put my phone away. "They own a condo here as well. Does every rich person own a place in the Upper East Side?"

Landon nods. "Most of them live here all year round. There are people like us that use of places for holiday homes."

The limo pulls in front of a huge building. That was two staircases on either side of the entry way.

Grandmother chose a great place.

Landon picks up our bags from the side walk. He looks at me. "Do you want to see what it looks like inside?"

I nod.

Landon and I climb the stairs. He pulls out a set of keys and he puts it in.

I hear a car pull over and I see my family exit the car.

Robbie shakes. "The condo you own is in the same place as ours? At least I don't have to walk that far to get you tonight, Mikayla."

Landon and I enter the building and we make our way to the condo. Landon opens the door to the place.

There's a 3d plasma TV mounted to the wall, a lounge that's in an L shape, the kitchen is clean and it shines.

A woman walks into the kitchen. She frowns. "Who are you?"

Landon looks at her. "I'm Landon Parker and this is my beautiful wife, Mikayla."

She looks at me. "I've heard great things about you from Grandmother Parker."

I laugh. "She got you to call her that too?"

"Yes, she told me that when she hired me that a girl named Mikayla will come by with her husband."

"Since you know our names. What is yours?"

"I'm Ginny Humphrey.

***

Landon kisses me. "I have to go now, Kay. I'll call you on the way home from the meeting." He picks up his bag and exits the house.

The front door opens and Robbie enter the house. "Are you ready to go?"

I pick up my handbag and follow my brother out of the condo. I see my brothers standing next to the stairs. "Are you all coming?"

They nod.

The door to the limo opens and we climb inside. Robbie opens the champagne bottle and he pours everyone a glass.

I look at him. "I'll have half a glass, Rob."

He pours me half a glass and passes it me.

I tip the glass back and drink the champagne.

I'm not getting drunk tonight.

The car comes to a stop near Brooklyn Bridge. The door opens and we step out of the limo.

Robbie stands next to me. "Some of my favourite place are around here." he throws his arms around my shoulder.

We walk across the road and enter the restaurant.

The waitress looks at us. "Welcome to Henderson's Bar and Grill. I'm Sylvia your hostess for the night." She looks at our group. "Is this all of you tonight?"

Josh moves over the girl. "Yeah, baby. But, we'd have one spot free if you want to join us."

Sylvia shakes her heard. "Sorry, honey. I can't join you. I have a job that needs my attention. If you stay until close I can show you some stuff close and personnel."

"Gross! Josh do you have to do this in front of us?" I ask.

"Yes, sister. I do. You're jealous that your man had to work tonight and you surrounded by all of your brothers."

I elbow him in the stomach. "Behave yourself."

Sylvia shows us to the table.

I move into the booth and on both sides of me I have Robbie and Josh.

Sylvia gives us our menus. "I'll be back soon to take your orders. Would you like any drinks while you look over your menu?"

Josh orders us a couple bottles of fruity wine and she leaves our table.

I open the menu and have a quick browse of the menu. I see what I want and then I close the menu.

Sylvia comes back with three bottles of fruity wine. She places it on the table. She pours our wine into the glass for us.

I look at her. "Sylvia, can you pour me half a glass, please?"

She pours me half a glass.

We give her our order and she leaves the table again.

Robbie leans into me. "Why do you drink only half a glass of wine?"

I sigh. "I grew up with two alcoholic parents. I want to turn out like them. Which is why I prefer to stay away from alcohol all together. I know there's different things that happen to one under the influence on alcohol. 1. Abusive. 2. The funny one. 3. The ones that get emotional and sprout shit. 4. Ones that want to air everyone's dirty laundry." I place my hand on the table. "Should I go on?"

Robbie shakes his head. "No, I think that's enough for tonight."

Dinner is placed in front of us and we start to eat. I ordered the Steak Diane.

When I was growing up I never cooked steak because they were expensive. The people that took me spent all the money on their next fix. I had one hundred dollars to feed the four of us for a week until their next cheque came in.

I managed to eat half the stuff on my big plate. My brothers share the rest of the food.

Sylvia walks over to us. "Can I get you something for dessert?"

My brothers look at the dessert menu.

Robbie gives me the menu. "Are you going to get something?"

I shake my head. "I'm full. I can't eat everything like you boys. Can you please move Robbie I need to us the restroom."

My brothers move out of my way and I look for the restroom. I find it down a dark hallway. I use the toilet and then wash my hands.

A girl exits one of the stalls and she turns to me. "Are you the girl that came with all those studs out there?"

I nod. "Which one of them do you fancy?"

She laughs. "I like the blonde one that keeps whispering to you. Do you think he'll go on a date with me?"

I shake my head. "He's got a girlfriend. Btw, they are my brothers not boyfriends. My boyfriend is at a business dinner tonight."

I leave the bathroom.

We stayed at the bar and grill for the rest of the night. When the bar closed Josh leaves with the girl and the rest of us climb into the limo.

I open the small window and stand. I look out the window as we drive through town. Robbie stands next to me.

I had fun with my brothers in New York. I'd love to do more with them.

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of The Billionaire's Agreement.