LA's Angels

L to R Amelia Daniels, Mikayla Harrison, Aurora Kingsley and Callie Belle cover by @_prometheus

Three weeks later...

It has been three weeks since the attack at Mum and Dad's place. After the incident Dimitri and Sasha were put on a plane and taken straight to the White House.

I couldn't talk to my sister for the first two weeks of her being at the White House. When I finally got through to her I was happy to hear her voice.

She told me about the security team that's been assembled to take care of her and the baby. The president and the First Lady welcomed her with open arms.

I'm glad they welcomed her.

I turn on the TV and the new comes on.

There's a picture of Sasha and Dimitri.

"Last night The President's Son and his girlfriend landed in Los Angeles. They are back here after the incident at the Lambert's Family home where a man was killed during the attack. He was believed to be one of the guys to kill The President's Son. Luckily, someone had enough training to take out the remaining guys from the assassination. The Lambert's/Bennett's have a Guardian."

Landon enters the lounge room and he looks at the TV. He pulls me against him. "Mikayla, I know you don't want to talk about that night. But, I want to know where did you learn all the things you did that night?"

I switch off the TV. I look into his blue eyes. "I was trained by a guy that had a huge impact on my life. He helped me when I needed it the most. That's all I'm willing to share about that time in my life for now."

He nods. "I'll wait for you to tell me more about this guy. It seems like he had a huge impact on your life."

"He did. If you'll excuse me I need to call my sister."

I enter my bedroom and I pull my phone off the iPod dock. I search my phone for Sasha's number and I call her.

Sasha: Hello, this is Sasha.

Me: Hey, Sis what are you doing today?"

Sasha: I have a Doctor's appointment at ten and then nothing planned for the rest of the day?

Me: Do you want to grab lunch with me?

Sasha: Yes, then I can show you the ultrasound picture.

Me: I'll meet you at Taylor's restaurant at 12:30.

Sasha: I'll see you then.

I put my phone back on the table.

Landon rolls over and he looks at me. "You're spending the day with your sister?"

I nod. "I miss her. She was on lockdown for the last three weeks." I yawn and lie on the bed.

He holds my hand. "How did you sleep last night?"

"I didn't." I whisper. "I killed someone and I can't forget the look in his eyes as he went down."

He hugs me like he does every night I have flashes of the man I killed. "You need to see someone about that. You look pale and I've noticed you're not eating."

I pull away from him. "I'll try to eat more, Landon. Please, don't make me see anyone."

I climb out of the bed and I walk over to the closet. I pull out a dress and clean underwear. I take them into the bathroom with me.

I turn the shower on and climb inside. I lather the loafer and quickly wash my body. I look at the ground and I can see blood wash away.

Am I seeing things or is the blood really there?

I sit on the floor and start crying.

After a while I gather enough strength to finish washing myself. I step out of the shower and dry myself.

I find Landon in the kitchen with three woman and they all turn to me as I enter the room. Two of them have blonde hair and the third has light brown hair. Each woman is beautiful in their own right.

What do they want? Why are they near my husband?

Landon clears his throat. "Mikayla, these are three CIA operatives Agent Wells told us about." He points to each one. "Amelia, Callie and Aurora."

They wave at me.

I smile. "What do you ladies want?"

Amelia walks over to me. "I'm Amelia Daniels and I'm in charge of this team." She looks at the girls. "I want you to join our team."

I frown.

What team is she talking about?

Amelia smiles. "You're wondering what team I'm talking about. Have you heard of a group called LA's Angels?"

Who hasn't! I have read how they are cleaning the streets and helping out the less fortunate people. They have been asked to star in movies and do interviews. They keep saying 'no.'

As I look at these woman I can see why they don't take any recognition. They are wives, mothers and daughters.

They don't want everyone to know their real identity. So, they wear masks when they help people out.

I like them already.

I look at Amelia. "I have a question. If someone on your team needed help with getting something that's rightfully theirs would you put your life on the line and help them?"

Callie rises and moves over to me. "Yes, we will help you. What do you need help with?"

I look at Landon and he nods. "My daughter was stolen from me when she was born. I never got to hold her or give her name. I don't even know what she would look like now. I'm sorry this information is useless."

Aurora moves over to me. "We will find your daughter. You may feel hopeless now. But, once you have her in your arms you'll feel much better and I promise you LA's Angels will look into this. Are you going to join us?"

I shake my head. "What am I going to bring to the group that's not already here?"

Amelia points to herself. "I'm the planner, Callie's the nerd. Aurora's the fighter and ..." she trails off.

Aurora smiles. "You'll be the glue that holds the team together. I also heard that you can act. That's what we need in our team. Someone that can pull wool over other people's eyes. You are that person."

Amelia pulls out a card. "Call us if you want to join our team. I'm sorry for ambushing you at home. I was looking forward to meeting you." She turns to the girls. "We should get going. See you around, Mikayla."

The woman leave my house.

LA's Angels were inside my house.

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of The Billionaire's Agreement. For those who have read The Undercover Ex Wife and The Billionaire's Ex Wife those are the girls that appeared in this chapter.