Bonus Chapter: The False Lead

I enter the airport and head straight for the check-in counter. I tell them that a ticket was paid for me and that I had to collect it from the counter.

The woman behind the desk types my information into the computer. "I have to print out the ticket for you. Then I'll be able to check you in, madam."

I smile. "Thanks,"

She moves towards the printer and she pulls out the ticket. She places on the counter. "Can you place your bags on the conveyer belt?"

I look at the carry-on bag in my hand. "I don't have anything to check-in. I have everything I need in my hand luggage."

I take my ticket from the counter and make my way over to terminal. On the way there I see Landon with a group of men.

Landon walks over to me. He takes my hand. "You can't check-out any leads without me being there with you. I want to be with you every step of the way, during this journey."

I hug him. "She's going to be a lucky girl to have you as her father."

He laughs. "No, I'm going to be the lucky one. I'm going to have two girls that are all mine. I'm going to protect and love you both like no-one else can." Landon points to the group of men around us. "Mikayla, I want you to meet Sven, Mike, John and Malik. They are your bodyguards while you look for our daughter."

I shake their hands. I turn to Landon. "Who hired these guys?"

Landon looks at Sven and the guy nods. "They were hired by the President and the First Lady."

Sven moves behind me. "President Bennett said you can look after yourself. He also, told me that he couldn't risk losing you. You have an important role with the Bennett family as being a Godmother to the first child of The President's Son."

The flight attendant calls my flight number and I board the plane. Landon and I move toward our seat. He puts my bags in the overhead compartment.

I look outside and see the bags get loaded onto the plane next to ours. I turn to the front when the Pilot announcers that the Flight Attendants will be going through the in flight safety procedures and where the life jackets are and how to put it on.

After the safety video the flight attendant walk down the aisles and checking that every passenger has their seatbelts on.

I clip my seatbelt into place and hold Landon's hand. I place my head on his shoulders and close my eyes.

***

Landon shakes my shoulder. "Hey, baby. We're about to land in Miami." I pull the shutter up and look out the window.

I see the beach and Palm trees. I see a group of kids standing next to some cars. People are skating and riding their bikes along the beach.

I wish I was here for a vacation instead of a lead to my missing daughter.

The plane descendants and it touches down. The breaks are applied and I am thrown forward in my seat. The plane creeps along the runway and it stops at the terminal.

Landon takes his belt off. He rises and pulls our things out of the overhead compartment. People start to exit the plane.

Landon holds my hand as we make our way slowly out of the plane.

I need to go to the bathroom.

When we exit the plane I turn to the guys. "I'm going to the bathroom. Then I'll give Callie a call and find out where I have to go."

We walk down the long corridor of the airport. I find a bathroom and I enter.

As I exit the bathroom I see a girl hug Landon. He points at me. "Mikayla, I want you to meet my second cousin Tamara."