Movie stars meet Billionaire's

Landon and I enter my parents place and we walks straight to the kitchen. Mum is standing behind the counter and she pulls a roast out of the oven.

She places it on the table and looks at me. "What do you think?"

I smile. "It looks great. Did you cook it?"

She nods. "Yes, I did. I'm not that hopeless in the kitchen."

Logan enters the kitchen and he kisses her on the cheek. "She doesn't cook that often. That's why we have kitchen staff." He climbs onto a stool. "I have a few stories to tell you of mum and other times she's cooked."

I climb on the stool next to him. "These mishaps should be interesting." I look at Mum and she shakes her head.

My siblings enter the kitchen and they stand around the kitchen table and they look at Logan.

Where's Sasha?

He chuckles. "My favourite would have to be Thanksgiving."

The boys start laughing.

Mum leans against the bench. "Don't tell her this one."

Logan ignores Mum's pleas and he continues with the story. "I came home from a friends place on thanksgiving and I could smell something burning from the front door. I ran into the kitchen to see smoke coming from the oven. I switched off the oven and pulled the turkey out and placed it on the counter. When the smoke cleared you could see the charcoal turkey. That was the last thanksgiving we let Mum cook for us."

Everyone laughs.

Mum rolls her eyes. "Your father tried to feed that charcoal turkey to you because he didn't want to waste it."

Sasha enters the room with Dimitri. She gives me a hug. "What are you doing?"

I look at Logan. "Our brothers are telling us stories of Mum's failed attempts at cooking. Logan told us about the Thanksgiving dinner."

Sasha laughs. "I remember that one." She turns to Mum. "What was the moral of the story, Mum?"

Mum's face turns red. She looks at the ground and my siblings laugh.

Sasha whispers. "Never have sex while cooking the turkey."

I burst out laughing.

Mum grabs a tea towel and she swats it at Sasha.

She runs over to Dimitri and hides behind him. "Save me from her, D." Sasha peaks out from behind Dimitri's arms. "My favourite story is the one she had baked a cake for our school cake sale."

Mum moves over to a stool and she sits down. "Oh, boy. Here we go with more embarrassing stories about me. Just remember kids, you'll have your turn." She winks.

I can't wait to hear the stories about my siblings.

Sasha steps out from behind Dimitri and she holds his hand. "I was about ten and I came home with a sign-up sheet for a cake sale the school was having. Mum signed the sheet of paper and she told me to return it to school the next day. The night before Mum made the cake from scratch. She made up her own recipe for the cake. The next morning she put the icing on the cake and told me to take it to school. The school Principal brought Mum's cake and she took a couple pieces out and gave it to her family. The principal placed the slice into her mouth. She chewed and the next thing I see is she spat the cake across the lawn. Mum put too much sugar in the cake and burnt it. I think Mum was trying to kill the principal."

Mum shrugs. "I didn't have time to follow the instructions. All I wanted to do was go to bed with your father."

I shake my head. "Let's hope this dinner's not a disaster." I look around the room for Dad.

It's good he's not here to distract her.