Party

Landon and I are at home getting ready for a party. I slip on a black dress while Landon watches me.

He licks his lips. "If I had my own way I would take you on this bed. Why do you keep teasing me?"

I shrug. "I don't mean to tease you Mr Parker." I step closer to him. "But, you can kiss me."

He smirks. "Thank you."

He smashes his lips on mine and I wrap my arms around his neck. His lips were soft but demanding as he tries to slip his tongue into my mouth. He pulls back. "Are you going to let me kiss you properly?"

I shake my head.

He smirked. "If you're not going to let me do it willingly I will make you."

I'd love to see what he does to make me open my mouth for him.

He squeezes my arse.

I gasp.

He slips his tongue into my mouth. His eyes shine in the light as he kisses me like he did last year when we were together.

He tastes like mint and something rich.

I bite down gently on his lip before I push him away. "If we don't leave now we'll be late for the party.

I fix my hair and look in the mirror and I'm shocked to see that the lipstick has been smudged and my lips are swollen.

Damn you Landon.

He smirks. "People are going to enjoy seeing your lips swollen from kissing your HOT husband."

I roll my eyes. "Fake, husband."

I finish applying the lipstick.

Landon wraps his arms around my waist. "It's time for us to go, sweetheart."

I pick up my bag from the table as Landon pulls me to the car.

The limo driver opens the door. "You're running late tonight, Sir. Your father isn't pleased with that."

Landon shrugs. "My father's never pleased. When it comes to his parties. He knows I don't like going to them. Yet every time he has one I have to attend."

I pull Landon into the car with me. "Shut up! We're going to this party together there's no need for you to argue with the driver. If it blows we'll sneak out or you can come up with an excuse to get me out of there."

"What do you suggest we say?"

I smile. "We have an early Zumba class to attend. It won't be that much of a lie since I signed us up for a ten o'clock class."

He shakes his head. "No, way. I'm going to attend any girly stuff with you." He touches my arms and legs. "So, that's how you've got the muscles?"

I smile. "I've also taken up running and swimming. I've just taken up shooting."

Landon frowns. "Why do you need to learn to shoot?"

I shrug. "Things are bound to happen when I need to protect myself. For starters going after my daughter will be dangerous. You're really going to go after her?"

"Yes, but this year I'm going to be with you like a proper wife. This year is for you. Next year will be for my daughter and me. I'm going to continue to search for her online. When the clock hits midnight for 2017, I'll be out the door and searching for her. I promise you I will be back after I've got her."

He hugs me. "I'm going to hold you to that promise."

Good.

I put my seatbelt on and look out the window.