At the hospital

Banner by ElizabethDanger thanks for the beautiful banner ;-)

Grandmother's POV

I walk with Mikayla into the Doctor's room and she takes a seat close to him. I move to the spare seat in the room. I put my handbag on the ground before I sit.

The Doctor looks at Mikayla. "What can I do for you today?"

"I was in a car accident today and I got hurt."

He rises and checks Mikayla's injuries. He asks. "Do you have pain anywhere else?"

She shakes her head.

What if she's more injured than she's saying?

I look at Mikayla and she crosses her arms and looks around the room.

Do I say something to the doctor about my concerns for Mikayla? Or do I keep quiet and hope that nothing is wrong with her.

The Doctor fills out some paperwork for Mikayla. He turns to me. "Is there anything else I can do for you?"

I look at him. "I was in the vehicle with her. My Grandson would feel better if I was checked out as well."

The doctor rises and helps me on the bed. He checks her. "I don't see any bruises. I'll give you an internal ultrasound to make sure that nothing's happening inside your body." He leaves the room and he returns a couple seconds later with the machine.

He puts gel on my stomach and does the eternal scan.

I look at Mikayla and her face is pale. As she falls to the ground I yell. "Mikayla?" I push the wand off me.

I sit up and look at her. "Doctor what's wrong with her?"

The doctor moves towards Mikayla and he lifts her top up. He sees a mark across her stomach from the seatbelt. He looks at me. "She has internal bleeding. How could I miss this?"

I should tell him about the head injury.

I place my hand on his shoulder. "It's not your fault. Mikayla's the type of girl that doesn't complain about things even if she's hurt. She's been through a lot in her life. This is just another obstacle in her life. I don't know if this is important or not. But, before we got here I kissed her head and she winced. I think she hit her head."

He nods. "I'll let her Doctor's know.

A group of nurses and doctors enter the room. They put Mikayla on the gurney and they take her away.

The doctor apologises to me again. He fills out the paperwork for today's visit.

Landon is standing by the door and he has tears in his eyes.

I hate seeing my Grandson like this.

When I get closer to him I pull him into my arms. I kiss his cheek. "Everything's going to be fine, Landon. She's a tough girl."

Grandmother and I exit the room. We move toward the waiting room. In the waiting room. I help Grandmother to a chair.

Landon helps me to a chair. He looks at the ground. "I was going to do something special with her for Valentine's Day. It looks like I can't do that if she's in here. It's my fault she didn't come here earlier. She thought the meeting was more important than her health. But, she's wrong."

I pull his face towards me. "It's not your fault, Landon. You weren't there when someone cut us off. The person that caused the accident is at fault. I don't want to hear you blame yourself again. Do you hear me, Landon?"