Back to Landon's Place

Banner by LisaCh301 thank you for the beautiful banner

I would like to thank gigamonster for being the first person to vote and comment on this book. Thank you for supporting me as I write this book. ;-)

I look around the room I've been staying in for the last week and half. I climb off the bed and put my suitcase on it.

I need to pack my bags.

I move across the room and pick up all my things. I place them on the bed.

Grandmother enters the room. "Do you need some help packing your bags?"

I nod. "Yes, please."

She moves towards the bed and starts to fold up some clothes.

I look at her. "Thank you for helping me pack Grandmother."

She hugs me. "I'm going to miss you, Mikayla. I can tell my Grandson has missed you being at his place. I hope the two of you can come to an arrangement where you both can move forward."

I zip up the suitcase. "Grandmother, you don't need to worry about Landon and I. We always get through everything together. This is now different from the other fights we've had over the years."

Grandmother shakes her head. "The problem with this time is there's an agreement over your heads." She pulls a box out of her pocket and opens it. "I'm going to give this to Landon with instruct instructions that this ring is for you. I won't allow any other woman besides you to wear it.

I cover mouth. "It's so beautiful."

It's a 14K White Gold Thin Channel Set Round Shaped Diamond Engagement Ring. I take the ring out of the box. Inside the ring my name in inscribed.

I have tears falling down my face. "You didn't need to put my name inside the ring."

Grandmother smiles. "Yes, I did. This is a sure way that my Grandson won't propose to another woman. I won't welcome anyone else in the family."

I give the ring back to Grandmother. "You should give it to him before we leave tonight."

I lift my suitcase off the bed and I wheel out of the room and down the stairs. I set the suitcase next to the door.

My phone starts to ring and I look at the caller ID. 'Landon.' I swipe my finger across the screen.

Me: Hey, Landon. What do you need?

Landon: Can you come outside. I want to take you out for dinner.

Me: I'll be out there soon. I need to say 'goodbye' to Grandfather.

Landon: Hurry.

I put the phone in my pocket. I turn to Grandmother. "He's outside. You should see him before I come out. I'm going to see Grandfather."

Grandmother exits the house.

I head toward the kitchen and find Grandfather in the kitchen with the cook.

Grandfather turns to me. "Are you leaving already?"

I nod. "Landon wants to take me out for dinner. He's waiting outside." I give him a hug.

Grandfather says. "Don't give that boy too much of a hard time."

I will if he deserves it.

I cross my fingers behind my back. "I'll try."

Grandfather shakes his head. "I knew you would say that." He laughs. "Have fun messing with him. Will you come over for dinner on Monday?"

I nod. "Sure, we should make dinner a weekly thing?"