seven

I walked to my English class with my coffee in hand and my anticipation high. I was unfortunately looking forward to seeing Harry again. I just couldn't help myself as I thought of his beautiful hair and his pretty little green eyes. I rolled my eyes at my desirable thoughts of Harry, but still ended up blushing. I couldn't believe I was this whipped already.

I anxiously tapped my pencil on my desk as I waited to see Harry again. Students continued to file into the class and finally, he arrived. He swiftly walked over to his seat and sat down without looking at me. My heart sped up when he finally glanced at me. I smiled at him but he only stared blankly at me.

I frowned to myself and looked up towards the front of the classroom, where the teacher had turned on the projector and told us to copy the notes down for our test. He is definitely a lazy teacher, I thought to myself.

Why didn't Harry smile back? Maybe he just didn't feel like it or something, I assured myself. I glanced over at him again and leaned towards him. "Hey," I grinned.

I expected Harry to reply back, but he just shot me a cold glare and then turned back to focus on what the teacher was talking about. What the heck was that? Okay, something is bothering him. He's not mad at you, don't overthink it, I told myself.

I decided to leave him alone for a while so I could not only take the notes, but give him time to think about his little issue and stop giving me attitude. Finally, the teacher had finished talking after about forty minutes and I leaned back over to Harry.

"What's the matter, Harry?" I asked. Harry seemed to have heard me because he chuckled to himself and shook his head before clenching his jaw tightly. I stared at him, but he only stared straight ahead as if he was obviously trying to avoid my gaze.

I huffed and turned my attention back to my notes. What the hell is his problem? I swear, this just shows how rude he can be. The teacher assigned us homework to finish before our next class and then dismissed us.

I packed up my things and secretly glanced at Harry to find him rushing to put his things away and leave. He got up and started to quickly walk out of the class. Without even thinking, I grabbed my stuff and ran after him.

"Hey! Harry!" I yelled after him. He turned around and clenched his jaw when he saw me.

"What the hell was with your attitude in there?" I spat at him.

"Excuse me?" He scoffed.

"Why were you ignoring me like that? Is something wrong?"

"Yes, something is wrong," Harry replied and turned to walk away again. I grabbed his arm and tried to pull him back. He turned back around and huffed.

"Tell me what's wrong,"

"Don't worry about it,"

"I am going to worry about it because you completely dissed me in there! I don't care for that shít at all!" I yelled at him.

"You want to know what's wrong? Well, maybe it's the fact that someone I really liked thinks I'm stuck up, nosy and a cocky aśshole!" Harry growled.

I stared at him with my mouth open in shock. I said all of those things last night...how did he know?

"W-well maybe they just said those things because they were really mad," I mumbled.

"I don't know, Violet. But I do know that they think I have everyone on their knees for me because I'm such a controlling person. Do you know how much it stings to hear that? Especially from someone who you thought was perfect?" Harry continued to yell towards me.

My heart ached as he repeated my words back to me. I felt tears begin to gather in my eyes and I bit my lip. "I bet they're really sorry and-"

"If they're really sorry they wouldn't have said it in the first place,"

"Harry, how did you hear those things?" I asked. I was only talking with Isabelle in our dorm, so the only way he could've heard it was through Isabelle.

"Isabelle told me; we have a class together,"

"How could she?" I gasped. That was a private conversation that should've never made its way to Harry. When I see her next she is going to be in big trouble.

"Why would you say those things?" Harry asked me. I could hear hurt clear in his voice. I looked up at him and saw his eyes gloss over a bit and his nose began to redden.

"Harry, I'm so sorry, I just wasn't thinking and I was really mad and-" I stepped closer to him to try and touch his arm, but he pulled away.

"I thought you weren't going to be like everyone else. Just leave me alone, Violet,"

•••

can you hear my heart breaking? Harry is too precious for this world and I hate writing about him being upset but the story must go on. I love you xx C