twenty four

Violet's POV

"Jack! Can you grab me the popcorn?" I yelled as he rummaged through all the snacks I had.

"Sure thing," he said. Jack threw the bag at me and I giggled when I caught it. He sat down next to me and pulled my legs over his own. "Ready for some Netflix?"

"Always," I nodded and dug into my popcorn. Right after he turned on the show, Jack began talking.

"How are things with you and Harry?" He asked. I mentally sighed as I tried to focus on the show.

"We're good,"

"Good? That's it? Is there a problem because-"

"Jack, I'm trying to watch this. Either we watch the show or talk," I groaned.

"Let's talk real quick," He said as he paused the show.

"Okay," I laughed and turned my attention towards Jack. He was running his hand up and down my leg as he stared at me, which gave me an odd vibe. "Um..." I mumbled out when he leaned in closer to me.

"I have to tell you something big," Jack said, still staring at me. I nodded for him to continue and he took a deep breath.

"I...I've been in love with you since high school," He finally pushed out.

I stared at him for a moment, completely unsure of what to say. I opened my mouth to speak, but Jack beat me to it.

"I've always tried to be the perfect guy for you. I was sweet, I protected you, and I stayed by your side. And now, you're dating someone else. You're dating someone who doesn't even deserve to look at you. Harry is bad news and I know something bad is going to happen," Jack ranted.

I pursed my lips and stared coldly at him. He's complained about this one too many times and I was ready to snap. I'm done with his hatred towards Harry.

"You love me? Ha! How could you love me and completely disrespect my life choices? Sure, you can disagree but why would you judge me?" I yelled.

"I don't disrespect you at all! I just hate your boyfriend!"

"You're going to have to get over it," I snapped at him. Jack took out his phone and began fiddling with it nervously.

"So, you don't feel the same?" He mumbled.

"What do you want me to say?" I asked. "Oh, Jack, I love you so much. I've loved you since high school and you've never left my thoughts. I know I'm with Harry, but screw him. I've never had feelings for him, it's always been you. I don't love Harry, I never have and I never will," I jokingly muttered.

"That's exactly what I want you to say," Jack began smirking devilishly at me. I eyed him for a moment and looked to see what was on his phone.

"What's that?" I asked.

"This? Oh, it's a recording of you saying that,"

"What?" Was I hearing this right?

"I'm sure Harry would love to hear it," Jack smiled.

"He's not going to believe you," I laughed, "and plus, I was being sarcastic,"

"I don't know love. I sent it to Isabelle and she's on her way to show him right now,"

"Is this a joke?" I muttered in shock. This is so stupid and insane that I didn't know what to do.

"Sadly no," He grinned.

"What kind of psychopath are you? I can't believe you! Just- what the fùck!" I screamed. I didn't know how to take my anger out so I just began yelling more and more at Jack.

"Violet, once Harry is gone, you'll be happier!"

"Are you fùcking blind? I am happy! Harry is the one that makes me happy! You'll never be able to replace him or even get me to feel half of what I feel when I'm with Harry. I don't ever want to see you again!"

Jack took a step back from me in shock. How can he honestly believe that I would still want to be around him after a stunt like this? I can't even think straight I'm so mad, I thought to myself.

"When will you grow up?" I screamed at him, "you and Isabelle both! What's wrong with you two?"

"I'm just going to give you some time to cool down, okay?" Jack said calmly.

"Get out," I muttered. He left my room with a sigh and my head immediately fell into my hands.

Why do I always have the worst choice in people I bring close? I needed to cry, but I also couldn't let them get to me. I have to be strong, but this time, I couldn't do it. I broke into tears, mainly out of confusion and hurt.

I had to go to Harry. I'm sure if I explain, he'll understand. This is just another obstacle, and I'm convinced we can make it through it. I nodded in reassurance to myself as I walked out of my dorm and headed over to Harry's place. It's all going to be fine. He loves you, my mind told me. I smiled to myself and when I arrived to his dorm, I knocked on the door.

Harry opened the door and I immediately smiled when I saw him. He stared blankly at me for a moment before leaning against the doorframe and saying, "What?"

"Hi, I needed to talk to you," I told him. I looked past his shoulder into his room and my eyes almost popped out of my head. Isabelle was lying in his bed with the sheets pulled up around her as if she was hiding her body.

My mouth hung open as I looked back up at Harry, his blank expression unchanging. "Harry?" I asked quietly, "what's she doing here?"

"She came to give me the happy news of you being in love with Jack," Harry told me. I could see hurt in his eyes and my heart began to sink.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. I-"

"I know. You don't love me,"

"No, Harry! I do! I came here to tell you that-"

"Look, I don't want to hear anymore from you. I would've thought Isabelle was lying as usual, but it was you saying that you don't love me, so I believe it," Harry mumbled, hurt still evident in his eyes. I felt tears brim at my eyes when I finally realized what was happening. Whatever we had is now gone.

"Harry! I was being sarcastic! This is a misunderstanding!" I cried out.

"Just go," He sighed and closed the door on me. Right before he closed the door, I got a look at Isabelle, who was smirking at me as if she had just won against me at a game.

And frankly, she did win. Jack won, too. They both won, leaving me alone and broken once more. I thought Harry would at least listen to me, but this just proves that love is hopeless.

As I walked back to my dorm, I felt dead. I felt drained and broken. My sunlight was taken from my sky, and was replaced with a stormy cloud; and all because of Jack and Isabelle.

•••
I had a hard time writing this because I connect so much with Violet ugh. Thoughts on what'll happen next?

I hope you liked it xx Love you all -C