thirteen

6:55

I kept glancing from the clock to the mirror. I ran my hand through my hair once more, trying to make it perfect. Why was I so nervous?

"Oo, where's the pretty lady going?" Isabelle asked me.

"Out," I replied simply. I tugged on my dress some more, still not satisfied with the way it hung on me. I breathed out and looked over at Isabelle. "Is it okay?"

"You look stunning," She smiled. I thanked her and nodded to myself in reassurance.

6:59

He should be here. Violet, you need to calm down, my mind told me. What if he doesn't come at all? What if he was just leading me on? Oh no, I bet he's not coming at all.

Get a hold of yourself, woman!

My thoughts were silenced when I heard a knock at the door. I took one more look in the mirror and smiled to myself. He came. I opened up the door and I stared in awe at the boy before me.

"Hi," I choked out.

"Hello, gorgeous," He winked.

Harry was dressed in a dress shirt and a casual suit coat that made his arms look so muscular. He had his hands behind him and he grinned when he saw me.

"These are for you," He said quietly while handing me a small bouquet of carnations. I gasped when I saw them and I held them close to me as I took in their scent. I looked up at him and saw him blush slightly.

"Harry, these are lovely!" I gushed.

"Harry!" Isabelle screeched when she looked up from her computer. She got up and walked over to us.

"You're going on a date with Harry?"

"Yes, she is," He smiled.

"Oh, what lovely flowers! You must've paid so much for these!" Isabelle giggled. I rolled my eyes as she continued to try and talk to Harry.

"Let's go, yeah?" I interrupted something Isabelle was about to say and grabbed his arm. She pouted and grabbed my flowers.

"I'll put these...in a vase for you," She told me. I thanked her and waved her goodbye. "Have fun you guys!" Isabelle called after us, but then mumbled, "but not too much fun,"

I sighed and then turned to Harry. "Where are we going?" I asked.

"Well, there's this cute little place near here and I thought it would be delicious,"

"Sounds lovely," I smiled up at him.

"Violet," Harry started, "I'm going to get to know you better tonight,"

"Alright," I laughed.

"I'm serious. Let's see...I'd like to hear you describe your perfect man," Harry smirked.

"My perfect man? Dylan O'Brien, no question,"

"Oh, come on. Try again,"