fifteen

Violet's POV

Isabelle had left a little after I got back from my date with Harry, which gave me some alone time with my thoughts.

The night was perfect. We laughed so much and we got to know each other better. It sounds so silly, but he made me happier than I ever thought I could be. I stared at the vase with the beautiful flowers Harry had given me before we left, which filled me with happiness. They looked so beautiful with moonlight bouncing off of them.

I was all bundled up in blankets with a blush on my cheeks as I continued to think about Harry. Isabelle abruptly opened the door, which startled me. She looked angry as she slammed the door shut.

"Are you okay?" I asked, while sitting up from all my blankets.

"I'm not okay, Violet," Isabelle cried.

"What's wrong?"

"You don't even want to know,"

"No, I do. You know you can tell me anything," I smiled at her.

"Fine," She huffed, "you're not going to want to hear it,"

"Just spit it out,"

"It's about Harry..." Isabelle started.

"What about Harry?" I asked nervously.

"Harry tried to have sex with me!" She cried out. I stared at her for a moment and then started laughing.

"I'm not joking," Isabelle said firmly. My laughing immediately stopped, and I felt as if I'd been stabbed.

"Wait, what?"

"Harry saw me and he took me up to his room and tried to make me have sex with him!" She said, looking as if she might cry.

"That doesn't sound like Harry," I mumbled. He would never do that to someone, right? Plus, we just went on a date this evening so why would he go for my roommate?

"Well, it is. You shouldn't be around him anymore. I don't want him to hurt you,"

"I just...I can't believe he would even try something like that,"

"He's an awful man," Isabelle said as she put her face into her hands.

"Wait. Tell me what happened exactly," I insisted.

"Oh, okay. So I...I walked down to the bar and had a few drinks and I saw Harry and said hello. He had a couple drinks in him too and he invited me to go to his dorm, so I went with him-"

"You willingly went with him?"

"Yeah. As I was saying-"

"Woah, woah, woah. You know I went on a date with him tonight, yet you willingly would go up to his room and do God knows what?" Isabelle looked at me with uncertainly for a moment before regaining herself.

"I didn't think anything would happen. I certainly didn't want anything to happen!" She quickly said.

"Okay...what else happened?"

"When we got in his room, he started undressing me and I told him to stop and I kept reminding him of you but he said he couldn't care less," Isabelle told me.

He couldn't care less. I felt a pain in my chest as my breathing became heavier. How could he say that? We had an amazing night, how could he not care?

"He couldn't care less?" I choked out.

"That's what he said. He then pushed me on the bed and I managed to get out, but I feel so violated!" Isabelle cried and covered her face.

"Harry is a pig! He doesn't deserve any of your attention! You should completely ignore him. I mean, how could you love someone who did this to me?" She continued to rant and cry.

I don't want to ignore Harry. I want to be with him and have fun with him. This doesn't seem right at all. Harry is better than that.

"That doesn't sound like the man I was with tonight," I mumbled.

"Well, it was. If you don't get out, he could do even worse to you!"

"Are you calling him a rapist?"

"He tried to rape me, Violet! Don't you see? He's awful!" Isabelle yelled at me.

"I have to talk to Harry," I got up to leave, but Isabelle's voice stopped me.

"No!" She screeched, "save that for another day. It's late and we both need sleep. Especially me since-"

"I get it, Isabelle," I snapped. She looked offended but soon shook it off as she went into the bathroom to get ready for bed.

I laid back down in my bed and thought for a while. I couldn't get the idea of Harry trying to take advantage of Isabelle out of my head. I felt tears brimming in my eyes as I remembered what Isabelle claimed he said. He couldn't care less about you.

"Violet," Isabelle called. I hummed from where I was lying, without looking up at her.

"I'm sorry but...Harry doesn't seem to love you, after all," She said. I believe she tried to say that as a friend, but I couldn't ignore the fact that I heard a smile in her killer words.

•••
hate Isabelle yet? ;)

thank you so much for reading, I adore all of you xx -C