eight

"I thought you weren't going to be like everyone else. Just leave me alone, Violet,"
•••

"Isabelle Ryan!" I screamed as I barged into our dorm room.

"Hey, how was class?" She smiled.

"Don't start with that. I cannot believe you!"

"What?"

"You told Harry about our conversation!"

"Which conversation?"

"Stop playing dumb, Isabelle!" I hissed at her.

"Okay, okay, I might've told him some of our conversation," Isabelle smiled guiltily.

"Some of our conversation? Isabelle, he repeated almost my exact words back to me! How could you do this?"

"I didn't think he would tell you,"

"Ugh! I just can't believe you right now," I yelled at her.

"I'm sorry! I didn't think I was causing any harm! I actually thought telling him would pull you both closer together!"

"So you told him I hate him and that I think he's awful or something? How would that being us closer together? In what universe does that bring people together?" I huffed and crossed my arms while glaring at her.

"I don't know, you both seem to like the challenge! I thought I was helping! I'm truly sorry, Violet, I really am," She sighed while trying to hug me.

"I can't be here right now," I mumbled. I grabbed my coat and bag and left without another word to Isabelle.

I was feeling too many emotions to cry, and I definitely couldn't stay in the room with Isabelle. I ended up walking towards the library so I could cool down a bit and read a book or get some work done.

I walked into the library and started to look around at some different books. I picked up a few and decided to sit down and start reading them. I looked around for an open seat, and my eyes landed on someone I wasn't expecting to see.

Him.

He was sitting in the far corner of the library, just reading. He looked so immersed in the book he was reading with his eyebrows furrowed and his fingers lightly grazing his lips.

He was sitting alone with a sweater wrapped around him. I debated whether or not to go over to him, but I decided to just leave him with his book. I sat down at another table and began reading one of the books I picked up.

From time to time, I would try to glance at Harry to see what he was doing. He remained in the same position, however, more emotion showed on his face. He must have really been interested in that book. I smiled to myself for a second and then turned back to my own book.

I must've gotten lost in my book because I didn't hear the footsteps approaching my table. The person stopped in front of me which caused me to look up at them.

"Hello, Violet," Harry greeted.

"Harry?" I said confusedly. I didn't think he was going to talk to me at all.

"You were lonely. I didn't want you to sit alone," He coughed awkwardly, which only made me smile more.

"Thank you," I grinned at him. He turned his attention back to his book and didn't look back up at me. I stared at my own book, but I was too nervous and confused to read it.

Is he still mad? Are we going to talk about it? Does he think I'm a bad person? He didn't want me to sit alone, so that has to mean something, right? So many questions flew around in my head, making me even more uncomfortable than before.

"Harry?" I called quietly. He glanced up from his book which made me mentally swoon over his fascinating eyes. "Can we...talk?"

"We are right now, aren't we?" Harry smirked. There's the Harry I know.

"Yes," I laughed, "can we talk about what happened earlier?"

"I suppose," He grunted.

"Okay...I'm so sorry I said those things-"

"Why'd you say them then?"

"I was upset and that's how I felt about you for a while. I didn't think she would tell you, but that's not a good excuse. I know what I said was wrong, but that's not how I actually feel about you, Harry. I-" I stopped myself before I could say something I regretted. I don't love him. This isn't love...right?

"You what?"

"Forget it,"

"Fine. Violet, I have a question," Harry stated.

"Shoot,"

"Why do you continue to build walls up against me?"

•••

geez, Violet. quit building walls already. please be active!! love you xx C