eighteen

Harry's POV

Violet lightly pushed me into the bed, causing me to smirk up at her. She got on top of me and leaned in just enough so that our lips brushed against one another's. She ran her hands through my hair, causing me to grin into the kiss.

"Mmm, Violet," I mumbled as I placed my hands  on her lower back. I felt Violet smile into the kiss and then suddenly, she pulled away. She stood up and started to walk away, leaving me wanting more.

"Vi, come back," I groaned as I threw my head back on her pillow.

"Sorry, Harry," Violet innocently smiled at me.

"Come on, don't leave me like this," I laughed as I tried to grab her legs when she walked by me.

"We'll continue this another time," She winked, "but in the meantime, I have to go shopping. Want to come?"

"I want you to come back here and get on top of me again, not go shopping"

"Well that isn't going to happen, babe," Violet smiled at me.

"Ugh. Then come help me up," She chuckled as she walked over to me, grabbed my hands and tried to pull me up. Once she was holding me hands, I pulled her onto me and smiled innocently.

"I guess you being on top of me is going to happen," I smirked at her.

"Harry, oh my god!" Violet giggled as she pushed herself off of me once more.

"Okay, okay. Let's go shopping," I told her as I stood up and fixed my hair.

"Thank you," she grinned and kissed me on my cheek. Violet grabbed her bag and we both walked out of her room towards the store. I held her hand as we walked towards one of the supermarkets close to her dorm.

It was a beautiful day with the sun shining and a few clouds in the sky. I looked over at Violet and noticed how the sun made her eyes look even brighter and her hair lighter. She looked stunning as she looked around, completely oblivious to my stares.

Once we got to the store, Violet grabbed a basket and started looking for her things as I followed behind her. I noticed someone familiar in the corner and I smiled to myself.

"Hey, Vi," I called. She turned around and waited for me to continue. "I'm going to go over there for a moment okay? I'll be back in a few minutes," She smiled and nodded at me before turning back to the fruit section.

I walked over to the familiar boy and tapped his shoulder. "Harry!" He grinned at me.

"Hey, Zayn," I smiled, "it's been a while,"

"I know, man. I'm really focusing on my studies right now, believe it or not. How've you been?"

"I've been pretty good, actually. How are you?"

"I'm good, too. I'm trying to pursue my art degree more, which is going pretty well," Zayn smiled at me.

"That's great! I'm actually here with my...um...Violet," I mumbled.

"Your Violet? Are you trying to say girlfriend?" Zayn laughed.

"I think so," I smiled bashfully.

"Is that her over there?" He pointed to some random woman.

"No, she's around here somewhere," I mumbled, trying to look for Violet. My eyes finally landed on a man with his arm around her waist and smiling. I stared at them for a moment and I felt a pang of jealousy fill my heart.

"Excuse me for a moment," I told Zayn as I walked over to Violet and the unknown man. They were laughing and once I walked over, the man stopped smiling.

"Violet, aren't you going to introduce me to your best friend?" I asked as I wrapped my arm around her waist.

"Harry, this is Jack. He's an old friend of mine," She smiled.

"Hi Harry," the man said as he held out his hand for me to shake. I looked at his hand and then glanced up at him with an emotionless stare.

Jack pulled his hand back and awkwardly scratched the back of his head. I looked down at Violet and saw her frown at me.

"Anyways Jack, we definitely need to catch up. I still can't believe I didn't know you went to this school! I'll talk to you soon, okay?" She told Jack and hugged him.

I pursed my lips as I watched the two of them hug. Jack looked at me and grinned smugly once our eyes met. I rolled my eyes and impatiently tapped my foot against the floor. Once the two pulled away, Jack said his goodbyes and left, leaving Violet and I alone.

She huffed and walked away from me to continue looking for what she needed. "Violet," I called after her. She continued walking as if she didn't hear me. I called her name again, and she continued to ignore me.

"Hey, good looking!" I yelled across the store. A few people turned around to see who yelled and Violet turned around with wide eyes, obviously embarrassed.

I walked over to her and smiled. "What? It got your attention," I grinned.

"Harry, why did you have to be rude?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I lied.

"Oh please. Jack held his hand out for you to shake and you simply glared at him. What the hell was that?" She groaned.

"I saw a random man with his arm around you and I didn't like that. What's so wrong with that?"

"You have nothing to worry about with him. He's not 'competition', Harry,"

"How can I be sure of that?" I asked annoyedly. Violet roughly grabbed my shirt collar and kissed me. Her hands rested on my neck as we kissed. She pulled away after a few minutes and I blushed when I looked back at her.

"You're not going to lose me," Violet promised me.

•••

Sorry loves, no smut ;) How do you like Zayn entering the story? And what's Jack's deal? Anyways, thank you for reading darlings xx -C