seventeen

Violet's POV

"Violet!" I heard someone yell. I woke abruptly to the screeching voice.

"What?" I mumbled out. I looked down and saw Harry still curled up in the sheets, laying up against me.

"What is he doing in your bed? Did you forget what he did to me?" Isabelle grumbled.

"I did not forget," I replied simply. Harry started to mumble and he pulled me closer towards him. He was still asleep, and his long hair was all over the place. I smiled to myself at how cute he looked.

"Then why are you still with him? He's an awful man!" She shrieked. Harry grumbled as he finally woke up. He pushed his hair out of his face and grinned when he saw me.

"I've got to wake up next to you more often," Harry smiled.

"Um, hello?" Isabelle snottily said.

"Isabelle, we need to talk," I started.

"Yes, we do. You need to leave Harry while you still can. Don't you remember he tried to rape me?"

"He didn't try to rape you, Isabelle. That's an awful thing to accuse someone of, especially if they would never do that to anyone. The lie you made up had too many holes in it, so did you really expect me to believe you?"

"Violet, I-"

"No, save it. I don't know why you made up that lie, but either way it hurt me. I can't believe you would try to ruin something that makes me happy," I felt myself getting angrier at her by the minute.

"Violet, please listen to me!" Isabelle yelled. I tapped my foot in annoyance and waited for her to continue.

"I'm only doing this for your own good!" She cried.

"Her own good?" Harry scoffed. "How is this for her own good?"

"Because you're awful, Harry! You have done horrible things to me and plenty of other women. I don't want you hurting Violet the way you hurt the others!" Isabelle screeched out.

"Harry isn't awful! He wouldn't hurt anyone," I argued. I noticed Harry had gone silent, which made me uneasy.

"You don't know him, Vi. You only see what he wants you to see: handsome, charming, and perfect. But what you don't see is what will be your downfall,"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I chuckled.

"It means Harry is lethal. His past is full of nasty things he's trying to cover up. I was hurt by him, and I am not letting you get hurt the way I was," Isabelle sighed. She looked up at me with a sad look in her eyes, and when her gaze shifted to Harry, they filled with hurt.

"I'm not lethal," Harry mumbled, almost to himself.

"Maybe not when you're calm, but has little, innocent Violent seen you angry?" Isabelle asked while cocking her head to the side.

"We're not bringing this up," Harry snapped.

"Bring what up?" I asked.

"Nothing," Harry told me.

"Harry is scary when he's angry. And I mean, scary. You should've seen him a few years ago when he was involved with the wrong crowd. Oh, he was bad," Isabelle devilishly grinned at Harry. I turned to him and saw he began to glare at her.

"The past is the past," He simply said.

"Yet somehow, it always finds a way to haunt you," She smirked.

"Okay, what's going on here?"

"I think it's time you learn who Harry really is. Then, you'll thank me for trying to protect you. Well, go on! Tell her!" Isabelle told Harry.

"Violet, it's really not a big deal. I had a rough past, but we all do. I don't see why she's blowing this up into some big fiasco," Harry said as he put both his hands on my shoulders.

"Just tell me, I won't be mad," I insisted. He groaned and ran a hand through his hair before beginning to speak.

"I was involved in the wrong crowd when I was younger. I also got around quite a lot. But, I would always be so angry and I sometimes didn't know why. I took this anger out on the people around me, which I regret more than anything now. I've hit my friends, my past girlfriends, and I almost hit my own mother. I realized my anger was with myself so I tried to change. I really, really tried, Violet. I hated myself so I changed. But now, I'm out of my rough time and I'm happy. I just want to leave the past in the past, but Isabelle won't seem to let it go," Harry told us.

I sat there stunned as he spoke. I would never have believed that Harry used to have anger issues. He's such a sweet and charming person that his past doesn't seem real. I stayed silent for a few moments, unsure of what to say. I noticed Isabelle was standing in the corner smirking at the both of us, almost as if she enjoyed seeing us fight. I wanted to slap that smirk right off her face.

"Harry," I finally said, "I don't care about your past,"

"What!" Isabelle croaked.

"You don't?" He smiled at me.

"No! If we spent our lives in the past, we would never be able to change and move forward. You changed yourself for the better, and I truly admire that," I saw Harry was beaming as I told him that.

"I'm so glad to hear you say that!" Harry laughed. He picked me up and spun me around before kissing me.

"What the hell?" Isabelle scoffed. "Harry is a bad man! Were you listening to me at all?"

"Get out," I simply said.

"Violet!" She cried.

"I'll deal with you later. By all means, you can stay, but you're not going to like what's going to happen," I smirked at her. Isabelle's eyes widened as she huffed one last time before running out the door.

"Oooo, what's going to happen?" Harry grinned down at me.

"I guess you'll just have to see," I winked as I pushed the smirking Harry onto the bed.

•••
To write smut or to not write smut, that is the question. ;) thank you for reading darlings!! xx -C